Posts by hollowbuddy

This idea is really good coz, I remember a time ( a long time ago ... before the Kemper :D ) that a lot of guitar players don't use boutique amps BUT a good clean amp ( let say a Fender ... ) and a lot of stomp boxes in front of it .

Add to this that now, there is a real market of "boutique" stomp boxes ( Ethos, Zendrive, DUmkudo, OCD, Klon, ... ... ) that it could be very efficient to have this possibility on the Kemper.

May be, it's not impossible ??? = just have to know HOW the stomp boxes are created actually on the Kemper, then developp the accurate algorythm to recreat it starting from an external stomp box = you send the necessary "noise, sounds, ... " to this box, as when you profile, and get directly the output from this box instead of the mic ... and let the algorythm do the job.

The kemper is not powerfull enough to perform 2 profiles at once BUT it can use SEVERAL stomp boxes with a profile : so if the "profile" or "capture" of YOUR stomp box is in the correct format (thanks to an algorythm) : why not ?

... I'll be ready to pay (a correct amount) to add a such upgrade to my Kemper :love:

pour Hollowbuddy : oui il y a une fonction preset pour les cabs ( et la section amp aussi je crois) , c'est excellent pour switcher entre +sieurs presets d'un même rig. En pratique je pense que c'est plus simple d'avoir des rigs séparés avec ces mêmes presets, surtout pour le live, ou gérer ça avec le mode perform.

oui, tout à fait et je suis bien d'accord avec toi pour les rigs séparés ! (il faudra que j'approfondisse l'usage du mode perform d'ailleurs ... : je reviendrai probablement vers toi :) )

Merci encore ;)

Hb :thumbup:

je reviens à la charge car je viens de remarquer un truc :

. ne les a-t-on pas déjà quand on sélectionne les cabs avec l'option "from rigs" ???

. en fait, en les sauvegardant, on les a ensuite dans la sélection "local presets" ( ce qui peut être cool pour conserver le cab d'un rig qu'on supprime )

Bon, c'est pas trop clair ... mais comme maintenant, je sais ( merci ! ) sauvegarder ceux qui m'intéresse dans les local presets ... :D

Salut les gars, pense aussi à utiliser les CAB d'autres rigs dont tu apprécies le son ( en les sauvant : bouton CAB / bouton store je crois, puis browse comme indiqué + haut)

là, waraba, tu soulèves un point que j'ai peut-être complétement raté !!! = tu veux dire que quand on profile un ampli (-ou que l'on charge un rig-), le cab n'est pas systématiquement inclus dans la liste des cabs disponibles ?

Dans ce cas, effectivement c'est délirant le nombre de cabs que l'on pourrait ajouter !? Dans ce cas il s'agirait de passer en mode édit du cab puis de faire store et "cab only" ?

To be honest, neither I'm not used to write in forums, nor to speak in english (I do it really bad, I know), ;)

... same here !!! so don't be affraid, this forum and the users are really cool and they will provide you lot of advices, infos and ... fun ;)

Welcome and enjoy !

dejemass, this Mark 2C+ is just ... gorgeous !!! and, honestly, even having the Kemper, I gas for a such one :P

... If I go one day to Reims be prepared to have someone ringing at your door :rolleyes:

I was probably the THIRD in the 80' to have a Mark IIB in France ( just after the studio guitar player Claude Engel ) : that was a real shock for me !

I was lucky enough ( during a training course in California ) to go to Petaluma and meet Randall Smith ( and a technician = I think it was mike bendinelli !? ) and schematics in hand we have talked about some mods ( removing of the Fetron circuitry and improve for a 12AX7, tubes = Randall confirms that my previous Tubes -Philips 6L6 STR 415- were probably the best 6L6 ever - it was the reason of my visit = my Mark IIB didn't sound the same after a Tubes change ... )

= great moment !!! ... great memories ...

BUT it seems that, with the mark II C+, Mesa has gone more in the "metal" territory ? I had after my mark IIB ( that, Dumb I was, I sold ... ) a Mark III and the sounds seem more agressive for me and less "singing" ?! Is that the reason that, at this time, some of the Mark IIB users -for its singing sounds and sustain- has gone to Dumble ? ( Larry Carlton, ... ) ???

Anyway now I have the KEMPER ... AND can enjoy of the profiles of ALL the mark series :thumbup: ( and YES I appreciate your profiles !!! )

... but YES, even if it is not logical, owning a KEMPER, I still gas for a Mark II C+ ... ...

Congrats for this monster !

family pic to be short :

[Blocked Image: http://jose.kramp.free.fr/IMG-20120915-00017.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://jose.kramp.free.fr/mccartyindian002.jpg]

That's for the PRS ... the Strat ( 91 Ri62 Ocean turquoise, 91 Ri65 Relic Daphne blue and 96 Custom build Art Esparza) the Nashville Tele and The "Sunburst" Hamer -Black- are missing.

[Blocked Image: http://jose.kramp.free.fr/Hamer.JPG]

and ... the Kemper ( and Ri65 Relic + 80' Fender Concert II)

[Blocked Image: http://jose.kramp.free.fr/Ri65a.jpg]

Go on with the discussion, guys.
    This actually helps to spread the truth about the profiler.
    I'm guilty myself to have used the word 'snapshot' before I was a profiler user.
    Boy I was wrong!
    Silly me! ;)

... not only, I'll go on but NO these are not 'snapshot'.

The fact that LIKE with a real amp, I've to change some parameters from one guitar to another AND that I have to do the SAME with the Kemper DEMONSTRATE that the Kemper reacts LIKE a real amp !

So, After that, as I prepar my pedalboard before a gig : let say : Channel 1 Clean + reverb, Channel 2 Crunch + an OD, ... ... : I do the SAME with the Kemper ... by using different profiles !

And as Maurizio70 adds, why not use directly a real profile ( you create it ONE time forever, so no big deal ) ( ... and BTW I specially appreciate YOUR profiles Maurizio70 ! Thanks to share)

Not to be more clever, but it seems logical for me and real close to the use of a real amp ?

Do I'm wrong ?

It looks like, with my poor English language, I don't explain correctly my point :

OF COURSE, with ALL the tweaking possibilities of the Kemper, you will be able to adjust -if necessary- a profile for a different guitar/pickups = but AGAIN , IMAO, I feel easier to have another profile ready to use ... that's all !

... we have room for more than 1000 profiles, so it doesn't seem a nightmare to have two profiles for one amp ... :)

And, as I have ended my previous post with a question mark, thanks for your own point of view that I understand .

I really love my Kemper and don't want to "look clever", just wish to use it the way it feels easier for me :) ... and YES it comes close to the "Real Tube Amp" :)

It's the same as with real tube amp's - when you switch guitars - you either get another sound or have to adjust your amps controlls (change gain or tone stack setting).

The good news:
    The KPA has a gain knob and tone stack knobs - and you can tweak your profile sound by this or by adding additional EQ effects before/after the amp.

I feel this is the answer :thumbup:

... But I feel a little bit different concerning the "goods news" :

. when you switch guitar and try to adjust the Kemper for this new guitar/kind of pickup ... it didn't work as easy, as well, than with a "real Tube amp" (imao)

. most of the time you have better to : - adjust your (real) amp for the expected sound for THIS guitar/pickup and create a different profile.

Let say that I use my PRS HB on my Fuchs ODS then my strat : -> easy to tweak my Fuchs ... not really perfect with tweaking the Kemper :huh:

With two different profiles : really much better !!!

What do you think ???

I need to add that I really appreciate Paco profiles too !

Even if I've a Fuchs ODS 30 = when I use the Kemper ... I really often use Paco profiles !

I try to make my own profiles BUT didn't succeed ?( :thumbdown: ( small room, no way to listen to mic position results before profiling, ... )

So Paco really succeed to make some really interesting ones !

I won't give up coz my ODS30 -with his Mesa-boogie old Eminence speaker and philips 6L6 STR415- is a bit special ( probably a little more "bright" and agressive = think more of Robben Ford instead of Larry Carlton :D )

May be , one day, I'll succeed :rolleyes: ... ;(