All the reasons to use or own a Profiler

• The KPA is also a time saver, because there's no extensive tweaking needed to get a decent sound. Less tweaking --> more playing. Simple as that.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I've always been curious about the differences between hardwired and circuit board on certain models (Vox AC's) and also about various years between runs of other models (i.e. Deluxe) and now I can slate my curiosity with many of the same models being profiles from different production runs, different years, different schematic executions.

I feel you, even tho it seems that for a real comparison you should equal other things out. Too many differences in cabs, mics, settings to really compare things IMO :|

For the rest ... good points, along with Lance's and nightlight's ones :thumbup:

Edit: keeping updating the OP ^^

Edited 2 times, last by viabcroce ().

• I have some really nice amps and at this moment the Dirty Shirley is my favorite, it just has the tone that I've been looking for, but it's a single channel amp which doesn't work so well in a cover band. With the KPA I have made several profiles and I can switch from clean to crunch to lead without touching the knobs or trying to balance the sound levels. So for me, being able to make a single channel amp into a multi channel amp is a huge benefit.

• I have recently been on a big tour (60 shows) with 2 KPA's (one for spare, I didn't need it...), 2 midi-floorboards (one for spare, I didn't need it...) and a few guitars. I could play all kind of electric (strat, Les Paul, ES-335) and acoustic guitars (steel- and nylon-string) with the KPA.

For me a "normal" setup would be at least one multi-channel-tube-amp (f.e. Diezel VH4), 2 miked cabs for stereo, an effect-rack + midi-footcontroller, some stomp boxes + a different setup for the acoustic guitars.... that's A LOT of equipment (don't even think about having everything twice for spare...).

2nd biggest advantage: on every show I have exactly the same sound direct to desk, I heard so many bands with horrible guitar-sounds, even they have the nicest amps on stage, very often it's hard to mike guitar-cabs on stage and they can destroy a lot of the FOH-sound.

3rd plus: The FOH-guy loves me..... no loud guitar-signals on stage creeping into all mikes, much better FOH-sound.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• One of the nicest things about the KPA:

I meet amps I've never seen and I can play them ;)

Friedman, Redplate, Two Rock, Fuchs, Suhr, Toneking, Bogner, Bad Cat, Carr, Fargen, Diamond, Tungston ect. ect. and for sure plenty of vintage Fender, Marshall and Vox-amps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Every time Kemper posts a "Profiler spotting" or I watch a Studio/Live - Video/Blog/Interview where pro artists confess they use the Kemper, I send this to all Tube-Amp-Only-Analogue-Only-Guys I know ONLY to annoy them and show the Kempers supremacy. I simply LOVE that. I think that is a very good reason to own and use a Kemper. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• ...did we yet mention, that it sounds awsome?

Figured that was important too! :)

Mhhh... you might have a point here 8)

Every time Kemper posts a "Profiler spotting" or I watch a Studio/Live - Video/Blog/Interview where pro artists confess they use the Kemper, I send this to all Tube-Amp-Only-Analogue-Only-Guys I know ONLY to annoy them and show the Kempers supremacy. I simply LOVE that. I think that is a very good reason to own and use a Kemper. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, if you think of it you realize you don't actually need to own one in order to annoy your tube friends :thumbup:

• This forum and the many fellow Kemper users
    (some even came to my studio with their amps and we had fun profiling some amps together).

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Let me try it :) In addition to those things mentioned above KPA minimizes my rig and simplified my guitar activities because I only have a single powered speaker as guitar amp, mp3 player, playing with backing track and sound editing. Now its just the toaster, QSC K12 and my computer. Imagine doing those with a tube amp.

• I prefer not to use headphones and the ability to play authentic and responsive tones (clean or high gain) at home without disturbing the family is an enormous advantage. Even a 5 watt tube amp is too loud at higher gain and volume levels and using a power break kills the cabinet tone.