Strange behaviour with new firmware

• Yesterday I finally updgraded to 2.2.1.8963 and since then, I have noticed strange, but consistent behaviours:

Behaviour A, always happen after I had shut down the KPA the hard way (electrically) the last time

I have a preset with a distortion LOOP.
    I turn on the loop => OK
    Now I turn off the loop => OK but 5 seconds later, the loop signal is back, but weaker, sounds like it's only in the right channel (could be the left one for the Kemper, I don't track my cables exactly :)

Behaviour B, always happen after I had shut down the KPA using the chickenhead, two noticeable things:

- The master volume is unusually loud, although i'm set to 1.7. I have to turn it to 1.6 then back to 1.7 to restore its normal level.
    - It sounds like there is a (light) distortion stomp added to the preset. For example a clean preset doesn't sound clean anymore, but dirty. I have to switch to another preset then back to that one to restore its normal sound.

• I also have a strange loop behavior....
    When I switch off the Loop (loop mono) it takes like 3-4 seconds until it really shuts off...

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• The Return and Alternative In are shared for several functions. The Return could be a mono loop return, one side of a stereo loop return, one side of a stereo aux in, a reamping input. The Alternative In can be a guitar input, other side of a stereo loop return or stereo aux in.

Please check your set-up. Is it possible, that your Aux In Mix is turned up a bit on page 5 of the Output Menu?

The Direct Out has also several functions, could act as a Send of any loop, but also as an additional output. If you just need the loop, check the source of the Direct Out on page 1 of the Output Menu.

• Hi Burkhard,

Thanks for the input , but at this time I have :
    - reinstalled v2.1.1 : the problem was still there
    - restored an old backup (base on v2.0.1 i think) : problem gone
    - then reinstalled 2.2.1.8963 : problem still gone
    So I can't tell you what Aux In was

The only problem I have currently is that when the KPA starts, the headphone volume is too high (erroneously) and causes some clipping, it sounds like the dirty clean I mentionned.
    I have to decrease it, even by just 0.1 to have the volume back to normal.

• Hi lef38,
    I have similar (maybe the same) problem as you. I described it in other thread.

No other firmware than current 2.2.1.8963 was in my kemper.

Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.
    Laurence J. Peter