Improvements for bass players

• First I have to say that the Kemper is amazing for bass, and as a bass player that is the primary reason I bought it. I have downloaded a bunch of profiles of bass amps and everything works great and sounds amazing.

Some suggestions that would make it work even better for bass:

1. Provide an option in the tone stack to make the frequencies of the tone controls better suited for bass sounds. Make it somewhat tucked away so no guitarist would accidentally select it. This would want to be selected per rig, obviously not globally for the entire unit. Currently I use a post stomp with studio EQ and it works pretty well, but wastes a stomp, and not as convenient to access the controls.

2. Include a number of cabinets that are designed for bass guitar. I can use a post stomp with EQ to make guitar cabs work better for bass, but it would be easier to scroll through a selection of bass cabs. Maybe some of the existing cab settings could help? Still getting my feet wet.

3. Include a number of amps that are designed for bass guitar. But…all of the included amps sound good (to me) for bass with a little tweaking, so this one is less important for me.

-John

• Good ideas! +1 to them. all

My main suggestion is hardware, put in a power amp that does 600W@ 4 ohms...it would be the best bass amp on the planet then! The current 8 ohm limitation renders the powerhead/rack useless for bass as is, so we're still doomed to cart around an extra power amp. :(

• Seems like Kemper focuses more on the system software and effects than providing profiles. That's where users, the rig exchange, and commercial vendors come into play.

A vendor just posted a bass pack:
    Bass Bundle Pack ( Aguilar, David Eden, Orange Terror Bass, Fender Bassman, G. Krueger ...)

Should be a few good cabs in here.

+1 for the tonestack shift.