KPA and iso cab/Dry signal and more

• Hello everyone , its my first post so bare with me and my bad english hehe !
    I've own a kemper for almost a year now ive been reading forums and its been a great journey , i am really new to all this i ve been a bedroom player wich was playing dead simple gear wise, amp jack in my guitar and play so all this reading etc etc i might have some insanly stupid question's but as ive seen there are alot of helpfull ppl out there willing to help so ill start shooting questions alot i know they might have been questioned and answered in the past so please quote me or link me to the answer ;)

1)I've been testing latetly re'amping with KPA and i found out that KPA kinda give's abit compressed dry signal to my daw ive done tests A/B with KPA and a countryman DI box and KPA and a custom made DI box in both cases the waveform of KPA seemed abit compressed than the other.I am doing this with SPIDF and clean sense at -12 .

2)Latetly i had for a good amount of time an Randall Iso Cab in my hands wich i really loved with my amp ... so i wanted to ask if someone have used one of these with their KPA and what do i need for so i can use it . i have the simple KPA not the power one ... so i guess for start i need a power-amp ?

3) I have read the manuals etc but i have really got a clear answer what is the best use of "volumes" from my KPA.Should Volume always be at 0 db and play with master volume or the other way around ? does anyone got this 100% ?
    how should i treat main volume monitor volume etc etc should all be same db while moving the master volume ?
    at this momment and i dont know if i am getting 100% of it i have my volume knob at "before picking " and master volume " before picking into my interface is this the best i can do?"

4) Recording well i have recorded alot but again i aint sure if i give my daw the 100% out of kemper i have this question .... kemper gives left and right signal both are in mono while recording i treat those signals like one is this correct ?
    example i give my daw the left and right singal out of my KPA and for example pann them right or left treating it like its 1 singal is that correct ?.

5)Last retarted question's of me i was wondering when i proffile for example my colossus shall i use that profile as an amp head with the cabinet button switched to off "bypassed" or how its called...
    will it be like the same if i feed kpa with this profile to my cabinet will it sound kinda same ? have anyone with powerhead/rack tested this one ?

Thank all of you for your time and for the answers !
    Cheers !

Some video's of mine with Kemper :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqqbXSjObDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIPUODc6U5A

Tell me how it sounds and what should i do to improve my tone!

• I can answer a few of those questions:
    2) Yes, you'll need a power amp to drive a cabinet with the KPA.

3) Master/rig volume: Consider your master volume, your main volume control. You want to set this to achieve the loudest signal you want, irrespective of profile, i.e. all profiles should be at this volume. Rig volume, on the other hand, only controls the volume of a single profile. Use rig volume to raise/lower the volume of an individual profile if it's not at the same level as other profiles, or you want to use the profile as a solo boosted tone or to play up an effect, etc.

4) There's no right and wrong way to the way you route the KPA's outputs. Splitting the stereo signal into left/right mono is fine. You could also record the signal as a single stereo sound. If you're into reamping, you could record just one mono signal and then feed it back into the Kemper to get a stereo sound or a mono sound that you'd record. No right and wrong to any of these methods. See what your needs are and route accordingly.

5) It might not necessarily sound the same if you switch the cabinet to bypassed. This is because the profiling process captures a portion of the cab characteristics as well. One good way to record just the head would be to run the signal through a DI box, thereby eliminating the cabinet in the process. This way, when you run the profile into a cabinet, you'll have more of the amp and less of the cab.

Couldn't understand Question 1, if it is a question at all and not just a statement. Might want to rephrase that. Cheers.

• Thank you for your reply NightLight really appriciate it , yes sorry for my "question" 1 its just a statement and what KPA techs can say on this is it true is it not ? its just me no other KPA user had an experience with it ?
    Where i can find how to route my interface from kemper as a stereo i dont have any particular use'age of recording L/R where i can read how to record as stereo ... also what is your experience what you think about that ? how do you record ?
    Also have you tried what am saying ? playing wth kemper just as a head feeding it into an amp ? what was your experience? what would you suggest ? how should i get a good result out of a head and only the head not characteristics from the cab , that method you mentioned is about proffiling the head? feeding the actual real head into a di box ? didnt quite understand the method ... also if u have tried using kemper as a head , are there presets for free for that purpose and only ?

• Yes, there are quite a few DI profiles in the rig exchange, just do a search. To create your own DI patch, you would need to hook up the amp head to a dummy load of some kind and then route the DI output to the microphone input of your Kemper, instead of miking your cabinet.

As far as stereo recording, you just need to create a stereo bus in your DAW. For example, in Cubase, I go to VST Connections and create a bus for Analog 1+2 (left + right), or Analog 3+4, or whatever.

Going to the first question in your OP, I'd think there's something off with your reamp process. If you have to reamp with analog, send the signal from your interface into the DI box, send the line level signal to your Kemper and send the processed signal back to DAW for recording. Have you checked your output mode? Are you using Stack or mono instead of Master Stereo? That could be why you feel it's a bit dry/compressed.

• Thank you ;) MS new video coming this or the other week with a big name soloist ) share and subscribe if u enjoy what i am doing