Speaker Question

• I purchased the Kemper about a month ago and it has been everything I had hoped. However, I've tried a few different speaker setups and feel like my current speakers are lacking. I'm currently using a 2 speaker + powered subwoofer computer speaker setup through a steinberg audio interface and it sounds good to the point that I can live with it, but I know I can do better. I'm not going to be mixing an entire band, hence I dont know that I need super high quality monitors, but I need some speakers that will make this kemper really shine at a high bedroom level with a generous amount of bass. Some speakers that will thump just a little bit. I've searched through many of the current threads but have yet to find this answered specifically. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Hi Mill and welcome to the forum.

There are lots of speaker discussions in the forum and searching them will present a wealth of information. Also check on Gearslutz forum (my go-to for objective HW reviews on all things audio).

If you have certain constraints (cost, space, sensitive neighbors, active or passive, floor or elevated position, type of connector (balanced or not), and what max volume and freq response you want, those will all play into your speaker decision. I love my Airmotiv 6s for a largish room sized home practice area. Some will say 6's are too large for them (my family can confirm that at the master volume set to 1 out of 10 on the Kemper my jamming can be clearly heard anywhere in my 2 story house as well as the front and back yards, and 5 would definitely annoy the neighbors), many will think 6's are too small (they are probably not powerful enough for a live gig). I didn't get these though for their volume (SPL), I got them because they are large enough to have a really articulate low end.

Oh, and feel free to ask lots of questions, there are lots of really knowledgeable folks on this forum, lots of professional musicians as well as passionate hobbyists like myself. Good luck!

• I purchased the Kemper about a month ago and it has been everything I had hoped. However, I've tried a few different speaker setups and feel like my current speakers are lacking. I'm currently using a 2 speaker + powered subwoofer computer speaker setup through a steinberg audio interface and it sounds good to the point that I can live with it, but I know I can do better. I'm not going to be mixing an entire band, hence I dont know that I need super high quality monitors, but I need some speakers that will make this kemper really shine at a high bedroom level with a generous amount of bass. Some speakers that will thump just a little bit. I've searched through many of the current threads but have yet to find this answered specifically. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I use the yamaha hs 50m and they sound great for recording and for mixing.. no subwoofer needed...

Leg em down and yackem smackem