Should I Get a Kemper Part 2 With Demo

• Hi Guys

Ok,attached is the link to a demo of my current sound,not Kemper.

If you think i could do better with a Kemper let me know please.
    It may put to rest my should i shouldn't I problem.

The recording is mixed so the guitar track stands out from the backing,and it is
    only part of the tune,it fades out.

There are no fancy parts,it's just a straight tune.

Your honest comments appreciated.

I should say that I can't use an Amp at home,neighbours would not be happy,so
    everything I do is D.I.

Thank you for listening.

Alan

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/lzcprH1v/Let_it_be_Me_2.html

Edited once, last by asimmd ().

• I have answered to the other thread which is about a different question.
    If you ask if it is worth spending 1550 euros and using the KPA in a very limited field, i answer you "maybe it is".
    If you asks if you can get a better sound than this i only can answer "yes, definitely".
    This guitar sound lacks 3D and dynamics for my tastes, and the KPA delivers them very well.

Btw, nice melody man ;)

• Sounds good to me (for this style of music).

If you have found your sound - why change it?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The Kemper has so many great things going for it with the obvious ability to profile an amp making it a very unique tool. I had one for a year and liked it and would still consider it. That being said, i have somewhat changed my mind on that as I worked a gig last night using an iPad air with the new Bias app from Positive grid and the results were nothing short of astounding. I simply brought my interface, plugged into the iPad and then into the PA system and it was fabulous! The sound man just looked at me and said......."ok.....where is the tube amp because that is what I am hearing through the house. It sounds amazing!" My band mates were dumbfounded.

Some great choices out there for guitarists without breaking the bank.

• Well 2 for it and 2 against so i am still in limbo.

Has anyone posted any clean recordings done with the Kemper?

Alan

• Hi lightbox
    The file is recorded from the Direct Out of my Blackstar ID30 into Logic Pro.

I don't have any other way of doing it.

If I record it same way but dry would that work?

Alan

• hi there,

i cannot listen or download anything, all i get is pop ups and exes from 4shared, which i do not want. is it possible to use dropbox or
    or soundcloud or sth similiar? thx

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Ok, I did 10 Reamps for you. I didn't change anything on the rigs I used, not even volume adjustment, apart from the Marshall Bluesbreaker where I switched off the Tremolo stomp. All rigs are commercial rigs from TheAmpFactory, cause I currently don't have many rigs loaded from other sources.

Here's the list of amps/rigs I used:

• 1953 Fender Tweed DeLuxe CLN3
    • 1961 Fender Super C3 Clean3
    • 1961 Fender Twin Clean
    • 1962 Fender Bassman Clean
    • 1963 Fender Vibrolux Clean
    • Carol-Ann OD2 Clean
    • HiWatt David Gilmour Clean
    • Marshall Bluesbreaker Clean3 (Tremolo Off)
    • Soldano 100 Clean
    • TwoRock Custom Reverb Clean2

And here's the download link for all 10 MP3s (320kbps) compressed into 1 zip file:
    http://www.wikpa.org/_files/alan-clean-reamps.zip

Hope this helps you ... wish I had the corresponding backing track so I could have mixed them, hehe.

Cheers,
    Martin

PS: All MP3s have about 16 seconds silence at the beginning cause Alan wants to align them easily to the backing tracks.

• Hi Martin

Many thanks for doing these demo's,i am sorry to say that they all sound the same to me.

The 2 that stood out were the Carol Ann OD2-Clean - and the Fender Super C3 Clean 3.

The rest sounded the same as my original dry file but with echo added.

Am i doing something wrong,am i supposed to add my own EQ to the tracks?

I can't believe there is not a massive difference between my track and the Kemper demo.

Your comments appreciated.Thanks

Alan

• Well, I held back with my opinion so you can judge first. :)
    But now, since you're asking, here's my thoughts:

Although I can't call myself an amp expert by any means, I think the main issue is the fact that these glorious tubes and circuits don't get much to work when doing 100% clean sounds. I think most of the differences you hear come from the speakers and the way there were mic'ed when profiling. I think there IS a difference to your dry track for sure. Is it a lot different to your wet track with amp sim? No.
    I'm not a high gain type of player either, I LOVE the edge of breakup, crunch, bluesy kind of stuff ... and for this, the Profiler is pure heaven. But to be honest, If I was a 100% clean guitar player, I wouldn't be impressed at all. You can achieve most of the differences by EQing and changing delay and reverb to taste.

So as I said before, it was really interesting for me to do that "job". I learned a lot, just like you it seems. :)
    Will the Profiler be a good investment if you stick with 100% clean? I think it isn't. You don't take advantage of the realism of tube amp grit reproduction. And for a speaker and effects simulation it might be a bit to expensive. I think you're better served with a couple of nice guitars with different character / pickups and a good effects unit for all things reverb, delay, chorus, etc.

Cheers,
    Martin