Should I Get a Kemper Part 2 With Demo

• Hi Martin

Well I spent the last couple of hours thinking how ungrateful you must think I am after you doing these files for me.
    Your comments are a relief and I am glad we have both come to the same conclusion.

The demo's only came to life when I put EQ on them,in fact the same EQ I use for my own files.

I already have Redwirez and Recabinet,which make a big difference to my sound,but the Cab Sim built into the Blackstar can't be turned off,that's in the next software update.

Anyway,it just leaves me to thank you again for your help,and I wish you and all Kemper owners my very best wishes for 2014.

Alan

• No worries, Alan. :)
    You made me learn something today, not a bad thing on a cold winter evening.
    If you ever feel like exploring new musical territory (in terms of crunch, edge of breakup, ...) you should give it a try, it's amazing. Until then I wish you all the best ... and you're always welcome in this great community, no matter if you own a Profiler. Nice people always welcome here.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Thank you Martin,I will stick around,you never know what the future holds.

I am getting into the Eagles,which as you know use overdrive and edge of breakup in their songs.

Best wishes

Alan

• Hi asimmd,

thank you for uploading it again! :thumbup: I cannot add much to what lightbox already said. I have bought 13 amps, many of them tube amps,
    before i discovered the KPA. It makes my life much easier to record medium to high gain amps, because no microphones are needed and
    i can work faster this way. for your music, though, an investment of 1500 Euros, seems to me too much too early, too.
    stay tuned, nice to meet you.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hello Geraldo7

Thank you for your comments,in a way it's good to know that 3 of us are of the same opinion,even
    though that means me not getting a Kemper.

In a way I am sorry it didn't work out,I was quite looking forward to getting a Kemper and remaining an active member of this forum,I guess it was not meant to be.

Best Wishes

Alan

• I think the discussion is missing one point guys. Most of the sound coming from a guitar and amp comes from the player. As I mentioned in my first post on this thread, if you have different amps responding differently to you, you will play differently.

The playing in this DI comes from the way Alan played with his own amp providing the sound feedback to his ears.

There are stark differences in all clean sounds of the Kemper, but some of the amps need to be pushed by the player more or less (just like in real life). Perhaps with a unit in hand, Alan would feel and hear the difference between all of the profiles that Martin kindly re-amped.

I would definitely buy the Kemper purely based on its replication of clean sounds ... my livelihood depends on it!

• So it would seem that for everyone who thinks the Kemper would
    not be an improvement,there are others who say it will.

I suppose I should say that my recording that Martin kindly reamped for me
    did not go through my effects or echo,and it would be interesting,if it were possible
    to borrow a unit to try in my own setup,only then will I get a true comparison
    as to whether it would be better or not.

I know that's not realistically possible,but I still have a niggling doubt.

Alan

• Clean profiles on the Kemper all go through the same generic preamp stage, and the Kemper's version of an IR (IMO, with some power-amp simulation) -
    so if you turn off the cab section of the Kemper you'd get the same sound from all of these and the difference between them will be mostly EQ. There's no difference to the behavior of the amp until the gain is up past 09:00.
    Personally, i get far more satisfying results taking a slightly overdriven amp and backing down the gain to where the Kemper claims it's there, but i don't hear it.

Either way, i think that for your style of playing, something else might be in order.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Hi Alan,

I just stumbled upon a thread of yours on another forum where you kind of complain about the Kemper forum and my effort to help you. I want to clarify something important. You clearly stated you want 100% clean tones, that's what I looked for and re-amped. I strictly went for 100% clean! As mentioned in the other thread, there's pretty little dynamics in your DI track, so there's no point in using a clean profile with a little breakup in case of harder picking... which would sound WAY different and much more appealing and dynamic.
    Rest assured that the Profiler will completely blow your mind if you accept tones with at least a little breakup ... you mentioned Mark Knopfler as someone you like to listen. Wow man, there's nothing that could come closer to his real tube amp than the Kemper Profiler and the corresponding profiles.

To give you an example, go to the following page and listen to David Krasucki's demo track.
    http://www.wikpa.org/Enjoy_it
    This is the dynamics you can easily get with the Profiler and with no other device other than the real amp.

• Hi light box

I was not specifically complaining about you,I was simply looking for a second opinion on the
    demo track I supplied to you.

I hope you read this,I thank you for the link,I have decided to get a Kemper when my dealer has stock,
    so I may well return here for some more advice.

Alan