Rocktron Midi Raider....Epiphany!

• I just got a Midi Raider. I've been using a GCP in 10-rig mode (whatever they call that). It looked like the Midi Raider would let me still have 10-rigs and have tap-temp too (it does, perfectly). But that left me with 4 unused IA switches....so I thought: ok, I'll just program them to the 1st 4 buttons (stomps) on the KPA (CC 17-20). And that worked perfectly.

However - and here's the epiphany - when I mapped them they somehow brought the current status of those buttons/stomps (i.e. boost, compressor, etc. on-or-off) over to the Midi Raider. I was fully expecting that the lights on the Midi Raider would be out of sync with the KPA............THEY'RE NOT!!! I'm only using one midi cable....but some how, it knows??!!

Every rig (all different stomp positions) came over perfectly.

And, here's the weird part: I decided that I wanted to change the original rig to have one of the stomps "off" when it is 1st called-up, so I turned the stomp "off" on the KPA and saved/over-wrote that rig on the KPA. However, when I recalled that rig on the Midi Raider, it was recalled with that stomp "on", as the rig had been initially. I thought I had screwed-up the saving, somehow, so I did it again...same outcome.

So, I tried turning "off" the Stomp on the Midi Raider and saved the setup on the Midi Raider - Voila! Now the Midi Raider calls up the rig with the stomp "off", even though the rig is saved differently on the KPA. The LEDs on the Midi Raider are all perfectly in unison with the KPA, so I can see at a glance what stomps are on or off.......

Brilliant!!!!! :thumbup:

I have absolutely NO idea how this is happening over 1-midi cable....but I don't care, it works superbly well!

....just though I'd pass this along for anyone considering different midi pedals. My GCP is currently for sale.

• pretty interesting...!!! do you have any special settings.

what are your midi channels?

i want that tooo ;(

• I'm using midi channel #1....on both units, obviously.

No special settings - just picking which midi PC I want to use for each rig to correspond with the button number on the Midi Raider and manually entering the titles into the Midi Raider. It took very little time really.

• The Midi Raider is sending on/off status for the stomps as presets are recalled. It overrides whatever state is stored on the Kemper. It is extremely easy to set the IA switch state on the Rocktron though. Three (or was it two?) quick footsteps. More convenient than walking over to the Kemper :)

Nothing is sent from the Kemper to the Rocktron, and it has no idea about what state the Kemper stomps are saved in a rig. Believe me :) It really doesn't matter though, as you just set them on the Rocktron and they will always be in sync. Unless you switch rigs from the Kemper panel.

Edited once, last by Trazan ().

• The Midi Raider is sending on/off status for the stomps as presets are recalled. It overrides whatever state is stored on the Kemper. It is extremely easy to set the IA switch state on the Rocktron though. Three (or was it two?) quick footsteps. More convenient than walking over to the Kemper :)

Nothing is sent from the Kemper to the Rocktron, and it has no idea about what state the Kemper stomps are saved in a rig. Believe me :) It really doesn't matter though, as you just set them on the Rocktron and they will always be in sync. Unless you switch rigs from the Kemper panel.

I understand what you are saying, but......this does not seem to be the case.