Kemper Monitor on Stage management

• Hi, my new monitor is arriving and I can't wait to try it with my Kemper :D

I've got a question about using it on the stage.
    I play in a band of 6 members and I sing too, so in my monitor I need many others signals.
    In great gigs there's no problem, I'm thinking about using my monitor near the service one and manage mine with the monitor out on the kemper.

The problem that I would like to talk about is when we will play in smallest contest, where I cannot have two monitors in front of me.
    I don't wanna loose the possibility of managing by myself my monitor guitar volume.

So I'm thinking about taking from the mixer one send (with my voice, keyboards and other voices)
    and trying to mix by myself in my monitor. Is there a way to do it without a mixer?
    (I prefer don't use a mixer because it needs power supply and It means to loose all the comfort
    that I achieve changing from my old setup to the kemper)

Is there a way to do it using (i don't know) the alternative input in some way??
    Others ideas?

• I assume you are using a fullrange monitor. You could get the monitor mix from FOH and feed it to Alternative Input. You can send this signal to main out. This makes it necessary to feed your guitar sound via Monitor Output (uncheck the Monitor Cab Off flag, page 3 in Output menu) to the FOH mixer. If you need a stereo feed to FOH use Direct Output for Master out Right, Monitor output will provide Master Left.

• Yes! The monitor is a FRFR...

Your solution sounds great!
    So is there a setting that permits to send the alternate input to the main out?
    Is it possible in your idea to select the volume of the guitar in the monitor and not in the level I'm sending to the FOH mixer ?

Edited 2 times, last by john-pw ().

• I run my monitor out into a DI Box then into a channel on the desk. I get this mixed back into my monitor mix with my vocals etc...but can adjust the volume and EQ etc...myself from the Kemper .

Works well for me. I use one monitor only for everything

• Yes! The monitor is a FRFR...

Your solution sounds great!
    So is there a setting that permits to send the alternate input to the main out?
    Is it possible in your idea to select the volume of the guitar in the monitor and not in the level I'm sending to the FOH mixer ?

Yes and yes. Check the manual for the available output options and the Link Output to the Master Volume knob feature.

• No , it only affects the Monitor EQ & Monitor Volume.

Hold Master and move across until you get the Monitor Volume & Monitor EQ settings....FOH stays the same then. All that you're adjusting is the monitor mix

• No , it only affects the Monitor EQ & Monitor Volume.

Hold Master and move across until you get the Monitor Volume & Monitor EQ settings....FOH stays the same then. All that you're adjusting is the monitor mix

Maybe I can'y understand your solution! Sorry.
    Can you explain me how it works?

• The monitor output from the back of the KPA into a DI Box , DI Box into the main FOH desk.

FOH monitor mix back to your monitor with whatever your normal mix is ( bass , drums , vocal etc... )

If you push and hold 'Master' on the top right of the KPA .

The 4 controls can under the display will adjust the Main Out , Monitor Volume , Direct Volume or Headphone Volume. - THE MONITOR VOLUME WILL ADJUST YOUR MONITOR MIX

If you go 1 page to the right you will see the 3 band Monitor Output EQ and Presence controls