Store vs snapshot

• New Kemper user here, like most people I like to take a factory profile, tweak it, then save it under a new name so I can continue refining it etc... I tried this with one of the JCM 800 profiles, made some changes, then I did a Store > Store As procedure to save it under a new name (as opposed to replace or rename). Now my understanding of any Store As/Save As feature is that the original profile is not touched. However when I did the Store As, the new profile was there, but the original factory profile disappeared as if it was replaced/renamed! I did a reimport of the factory profiles to get it back.

What should I be doing in this case? I noticed there is a snapshot function which does a similar thing. Should I save a snapshot of a particular profile, then play with it in the snapshots section, then save it as rig under another name?

I'm really confused with the workflow, as it's not working how I would expect.

• That's what I thought too, but I checked "All Rigs" and it was gone.
    I'll see if I can replicate it again, it's easy enough to reload the factory profiles.

I guess main part of my question, what is the purpose of a Snapshot vs Store As profile to work on different settings? Why would I use one vs the other? I don't quite understand what a snapshot is.

• According to the official KPA Manual Reference, "Snapshots are backups of entire rigs, and are automatically generated for everything that would otherwise be lost. For instance, a snapshot is created when you store over an existing rig. This way, you can go back to what you’ve overwritten, at any point in time. You can also take snapshots manually by using the soft button “Store Snapshot” in the regular play screen."

After having stored a snapshot, use the browse option under RIG. (KPA Manual Reference): "Back in the RIG page, the soft button “Browse Snapshots” allows you to browse snapshots with the BROWSE knob."

Imho, one could see the concept of snapshots as variations of an initial theme. Especially useful, when trying out just minor adjustments for a certain rig. It is pretty much a versioning tool for rigs.

When you have used 'store as' there's no way that the original file could have disappeared.
    Maybe you're using a browse filter?

I experienced this 'thing' a few months before, running another firmware.
    The problem was, that I had more than 1000 rigs on my kemper. ;)