master control behave erratically

• hello to all. I have been watching this thing for months but since I was recording I didn't pay too much attention to it. now, at the end of the recordings I had some issues with the master potentiometer.

think I have read someone in the forum mentioning a sort of self calibration. I have tried it (maybe not carefully though) but didn't change much.

the potentiometer moves the volume level nicely for some dialing but at a certain point, while I go on turning it, it jumps to a different number. for example, I'm at 8 and begin to turn it down. as I arrive at 7.5 it goes to 5.5 or similar. this happens even if I am extremely careful and delicate in turning.

anyone knows what to do or anyone did something about it?

take care

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• uhm......my opinion is that it is a physical issue not a software one, but I'd be glad to be wrong cause it would mean to send the machine back for repair. that would be a real trouble since I'm on the road in tour and in the free time recording.

fact is that so far I could live with it but recently this thing got me some really annoying hassles.
    I was recording and saw the master level was too high since I was recording rhythm stuff. so I lowered the master level and it jumped way lower than i wanted.

put it back to where it was but the level was not the same as before. I started at 7.5 and had a volume, as heard on the monitors. after the erratically behaviour of jumping up and down, I put the level at 7.5 but it was not the same: it was lower than the previous 7.5 level.

don't know if I did explain it usefully.

same thing happened with the kpa used with a power amp. I use a mesa 290 for live use and have the mesa volumes at 12 o clock using the kpa master as a master volume control. one day, while testing the rig, i noticed the volume was lower than expected. the next day, same mesa volume, same kpa master level setting the overall volume was way higher.

really hope this thing is solved, one way or the other

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• now, that maybe a signal of a software issue. to be honest I had the same thing with another control. if I don't rememeber wrong it was the profile volume, the one next to the presence knob.

one potentiometer gone bad can happen but two is less possible, even if it is probable.