This guy made my day.( Aerodrums)

• I think i have to share this, it's fantastic for me.
    No excuse to not spend times and have fun with drums now.
    It's very affordable 160$/130 euros.
    You need a Sony PS3 cam.

dXyohgT8oD8

dGbXfQ2_u70

tIkS7DrUx74

dSZdKUxDZEo

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Awesome!

Any setup for Lefties? Or do I gotta pull a Ringo?

Also, any plan for the Kinect?

Be awesome if the Aered software also exported to MIDI format.

Also be awesome to tie in as a MIDI trigger for something like Superior Drummer.

I'm sure it will all come in time. Dig it.

Edited 2 times, last by db9091 ().

• Looks like great fun. If it could be used as MIDI drum i'd buy it. Going to investigate on that, Sherlock mode ON.

I bought the kit, it should be there on 6 feb according to Amazon.
    I will tell you if you haven't one before. ;)

• That's Notation transcription, but I don't see on their website where the software exports MIDI, only Audio and PDF, and import ASCII files.

I don't know that ASCII in nor PDF gives volume information though, which is key for drumming realism, so there is no way to translate those things (ASCII, PDF Sheet Music) to MIDI correctly as it was played.

• In one of the videos, the guy said that it has a mode to allow you to place the drums where you want, just by making a hit in the air to tell the system where you want the drum to be triggered. If that's the case, you could place the drums anywhere you want. Right to left....left to right, or stacked vertically if you want. As long as you hit that same spot each time, you will trigger the correct drum assigned to that location in space.

• That's Notation transcription, but I don't see on their website where the software exports MIDI, only Audio and PDF, and import ASCII files.

I don't know that ASCII in nor PDF gives volume information though, which is key for drumming realism, so there is no way to translate those things (ASCII, PDF Sheet Music) to MIDI correctly as it was played.

I don't see the problem, he could have done a midi transcription.
    It can't surely produce midi in real time as you can see volume is tracked probably by the speed of the ball. If the guy want to play louder he can.
    He can trigger the boom by speed or change in direction.
    He thanks a french guy i wonder what he does into this project.
    There is not technic revolution here but a very smart idea and useful for a lot of people.