Vintagesoundproject VSP2 Premium Packs....Pack 2 out now! Plexis and more....

• NO Tarzan, different Amps/Cabs !
    VSP- Free Pack
    VSP1- Fender and Voxtubes (21 Profiles)
    VSP2- Plexis,Purple and more (41 Profiles)

Future:
    VSP3- we will see....
    Greetz
    Carsten :)

• I've finally got them. Long story involving SPAM-filters, the NSA and all, but finally I got around testing them.

There are really great crunch sounds in there. ACY already summed it up: It's spot on AC/DC sounds right there. And let me add there's also a lot of early ZZ Top. I particularly love both 50 Watters, they can get really nasty in a wonderful way. The 100 Watt Superbass is a first on the KPA and if you are into those old Superbass amps (voiced a bit different than the Superleads) there is no alternative in Kemper-land.

I don't like the JTM60 that much though, but that's just me.

What I haven't figured out yet is which cab is what. I put the profiles in the Rig Manager (of course) and the tags often say "Marshall 4x12 G12M25" but the PDF didn't mention such a cab. It mentions a 4x10 and two 1x12 though.

Maybe StudioLitfin can help me out with the Cab details? I'm such a sucker when it comes to cabs and want to know all the details ;)

• Maybe StudioLitfin can help me out with the Cab details? I'm such a sucker when it comes to cabs and want to know all the details

The secret is : I haven´t found a lot about this cab until now (the owner told me its an 4 10 Box)
    On the back there is a plate Marshall Bass Organ No. 2038 as far as i memorize it. Gonna have another look to prove....Monday...but I´ll tell you all...
    :) :D

• There are some really great guys over at lespaulforum.com who know more about vintage Marshalls than anybody I've ever met. If you post a picture of the cab there they can tell you everything in five minutes. Ask for Banker, swankmotee or 1fastdog. Those guys know everything. Banker is an AxeFX user though, but 1fastdog has a Kemper and is also an active member here.

I do remember vaguely having read somewhere (probably the Les Paul Forum) that "Organ cabs" were indeed 4x10".

So the 50 Watters were done with that cab, right? For the purple the cab tags only say "green". Was that the same cab?

• There are really great crunch sounds in there. ACY already summed it up: It's spot on AC/DC sounds right there. And let me add there's also a lot of early ZZ Top. I particularly love both 50 Watters, they can get really nasty in a wonderful way. The 100 Watt Superbass is a first on the KPA and if you are into those old Superbass amps (voiced a bit different than the Superleads) there is no alternative in Kemper-land.

WHY are you speaking my language like that?!? Now I gotta get them...

• Just picked up VSP2 (already had VSP1) and I am really looking forward to try them. Very excited about the "SuperBass" being included!

The one time in my career that I used a Marshall (1970) it was a SuperBass. Someone else bought these for the band I was in at the time and he really had trouble with the fact that I wanted a bass amp to play guitar through.

I had been using Fender Bassmans... I had already found the 'growl' that these provided, figured the Marshall would be the same. Needless to say... it rocked!

Looking forward to some Marshall goodness from VSP2.

Peace...
    bluzkat

• Thanks to Rig Manager I found out we already have Superbasses on the Kemper other than the ones of VSP2. I think at least one of them might even be a factory rig (going by the author). Another one is by r.u.sirius and is quite recent going by the date.

Anyway, we've got more choices and that's always a good thing.

• 2038 is a fairly rare cab. The 8x10 was made for a longer period.

Going by memory, which can be wrong, the 2038 was maybe '72 and maybe '73.... maybe just only 1972 as a one year deal. Not gonna swear on it. They could have been made a lot longer. I am mostly a 12" guy when it comes to Brit amps.
    10 inch greenbacks, T9384's most likely, 15 or 20 watt ratings depending < the loder 8 10's were 15 waters I fairly confident > but the cab was described Lead Bass Organ". Sometimes cabs were colored tolex like orange or red. Checkerboard striped grillcloth , black plastic handles, 9 inch script logo.

Don't quote me. I'd really have to make a call or two. [Blocked Image: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/%24(KGrHqF,!lMF!iFJh4nmBQgcJibEtg~~60_57.JPG]

Edited 3 times, last by 1fastdog ().