Vintagesoundproject VSP2 Premium Packs....Pack 2 out now! Plexis and more....

• Tried some of these this morning, I like them! Now don't stone me for this... Axe fx 2 released a new firmware with what they call ultra res ir, used these monitor out, cab off into the axe fx using an own hammer ultra res pre rola 412 IR, kemper for amp and lead boost, axe for cab, delay and reverb. had a blast using the axe looper and using rig manager to flick through profiles. Going to experiment more over the weekend when I get time. But merging these two technologies could be fun for those with both.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

oopps ? not ready jet? :D

• I purchased the pack.

Personal preferences will likely differ.

Personally, I find that most of the profiles to be lacking articulation in the upper frequencies. An impression of far miced, off axis sound... More JMI AC 30 wide open sounding than what I associate with Marshall. Rather under a blanket and going need to have EQ or cab changed to cut in a mix live or recorded. At $14 it's not really a big deal.

I appreciate the effort. Please realize it's just one opinion. :)

I came back to edit as criticism should always be seen as shared in a constructive way.

It's maybe a subtle thing I am more used too from late '60's Marshalls.

This is a clip from a good friend's seminar he occasionally does at amp shows. http://www.soundclick.com/play…id=11807570&q=hi&newref=1

It's a 68 Superlead through an appropriate vintage cab.

Thanks again for offering profiles of amps of my interest.

Edited 2 times, last by 1fastdog ().

• Yes, always a thing of taste. Have to say that I hate rigs that you get with tons of effects, compressors, delay, ......... and if you switch all off it sounds like a cheap plastic amp. I prefer good raw rigs, that show their quality and style when turning some knobs a little bit to won taste.

• This is a clip from a good friend's seminar he occasionally does at amp shows. http://www.soundclick.com/play…id=11807570&q=hi&newref=1

It's a 68 Superlead through an appropriate vintage cab.

I would kill for profiles of his amps. He demonstrated a '66 and '67 as well I believe. Can't you team your Kemper with his amp-stash and make a Marshall profile pack? I would pay serious money for that.

Here are some more clips of him:

http://www.soundclick.com/band…ndID=654962&content=music

I particularly love the '68 clip with the Les Paul. But the '67 ain't too shabby either. And the '66 is a JTM45/100 and that's an amp we don't have on the KPA at all I believe.

Edited 3 times, last by Garrincha ().

• Yes, always a thing of taste. Have to say that I hate rigs that you get with tons of effects, compressors, delay, ......... and if you switch all off it sounds like a cheap plastic amp. I prefer good raw rigs, that show their quality and style when turning some knobs a little bit to won taste.

I definitely agree with preferring amp & cab profiled raw without external "grease".

I have no issue with fx if there is a reason for them, such as, setting a rig to cop a particular tune or player's style.

• I particularly love the '68 clip with the Les Paul. But the '67 ain't too shabby either. And the '66 is a JTM45/100 and that's an amp we don't have on the KPA at all I believe.

These ones sounds fantastic, even with the germanium Fuzz....Ill defnitive would buy this one if its close to what he is sounding...but im not sure if it could be captured in a profile (even with the room mike sound of the recording/feedback and overtones)
    But hey... thats really great and Im not sure if you would get 6 Amps for 16 $ :D
    Keep going fellows and if anybody want to trade in some good quailty sounds he can give me a note
    [email protected]
    Good night from germay :)
    Studio Litfin

• I tried one time to get Tommy and a KPA owner together to profile some of his amps but it never worked out.

We were discussing the value of the KPA being the capture of a vintage amp in it's prime. IOW, right tubes, etc., favorite settings and more. We both agree that keeping vintage amps at their peak is not always easy.

I'd love to get to Nashville for a profiling and mini-amp fest.

This is from a project Tommy had a while back. He's working on a new project too in Nashville and it's very good.

Here's some more of Tommy and some of his Marshall collection. We both like the same things Marshalls are very good at....

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-hatcher/02-track-2

• I'm also active over at the Les Paul Forum so I always loved those clips from Tommy and drooled over the pictures of his collection. It would be fantastic to have profiles of those. Maybe the folks at Kemper could arrange something. If I'm not mistaken, a couple of the factory profiles were made on a similar arrangement. And that took place in Nashville as well I believe.

Great song btw., Tommy is a monster player.

• Next thing comming up is a collection of cool clean Tube amp sounds... special designed for Steelguitars and Humbucker cleans....

The VSP M (Martin Huch) Pack! :)

Designed with my friend and artist Martin Huch

Amps: Amprocopy Vahlbruch (Whitey) Fender Bandmaster, Fender Supersonic, Vox AC 50
    Cabs: Greenbacks, Fender 1965 Stock 212, Marshall 410 (Mod 2038)
    Compressor: Universal audio Teletronix Microphones: Old U87, R121 and MD421

http://soundcloud.com/carsten-…-pedalsteel-resonator-and

Here a Preview of the sounds :)

• Thanks so much for the VSP2 pack. I just bought and love it!! The Cornell Plexi is amazing! It is easily my new favorite plexi profile period. Super thick and sounds great in the mix.

Again, thanks so much for the great work here!