OS 2.3 trouble - SOLVED

• found the "Rig chances sound when you switch forwards and back again". system reset (hold system + turn on) does not help me. :(

edit.... played now for halv an hour... just don´t know if im hearing ghosts or not.... argh...

edit 2... i hear it... it´s like that sometimes the rig gets a blanket over it, and if you switch forward and back it back to normal clarity. all rigs do it... (info - i have -3.5db bass on the main output EQ - maybe that can be relevant)

• Your not hearing ghosts, the same here with my Kpa
    When switching rigs up and down / and down and up again the sound of a rig changes sometimes
    When in happens its changing in tone, Sometimes very bright and sometimes less bright.
    I went back to software 2.1.1 and this problem whas gone . ?( so it only happens with the new 2.3

Edited 2 times, last by Dorrus ().

• I second that. its at the point that after tweaking and saving thatI am a little nervous about trying other rigs.. it does seem to be different when i come back to it....

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• its also very good noticeable with clean rigs,if you switch back and forth true the rig there is often a big difference in high's
    Sounds like turning off and on a EQ or something.

• The Kemper team is making progress identifying this bug, so rest assured that this will be taken care of in a future update. In the meantime if you are doing some critical recording / concert etc. just go back to the release version. Remember this is only a beta.

• Updated to 2.3 today. At first everything was working fine, but as I browsed through more rigs, I noticed I'm getting two different issues:

1) Some rigs exhibit the "muffled" tone mentioned here and switching rigs sometimes alleviates it
    2) Some rigs have had their Definition parameter reset to 0. Switching back and forth does nothing to solve this.
    3) Some rigs display all tags correctly, but the rig itself is completely wiped out. Turning the stack section on/off has no impact on tone. Gain has no impact. Basically, you're hearing "Initialized Rig"

I think I have a workaround for issues (2) and (3) but didn't have time to test:

1) Revert to 2.2.1.
    2) Any rigs that don't work properly but you want them to work properly in 2.3, do a store as... This will cause the KPA to think they were created under 2.2.1.
    3) Reload 2.3

Basically all the rigs that were created during the 2.2.1 timeframe worked fine in 2.3, although they sometimes exhibited issue (2) above. It was unedited commercial profiles I had issues with, and these were without a doubt created far before 2.2.1 came out. The specific rigs I was having trouble with were Andy's Mark V pack and Armin's Mark V Ch. 3 pack. ALL my profiles from Andy had issue (3). All my profiles from Armin had issue (2). But the kicker was any modified patches I had from Andy, where I had chosen Store As... worked fine but would sometimes exhibit issue (1). I didn't have any modified patches from Armin to test.

Please let others know if this is any help to you.

Kemper team, let me know if you want a backup file.

• tried the 2.3.1 beta now for half an hour. works great, and the sound bug is gone!

nice to see that the clean sense is much less hot again then with 2.2

Thanks kemper

• My Kemper is a quantic machine, i don't know how it works and what it does.
    I have no loops and there are issues when changing cabs but other people have other issues, it's a quantic machine. Who can explain that? ;)

• I still experienced issue #3 I posted above on FW 2.3.1 with Andy's rigs that started with AF5, except for ones I modified. However, I can load them through Rig Manager and they sound fine. I'm going to wipe out a lot of the presets and rigs on my KPA and start pretty much fresh.

Issue #2 above may have been my fault - it just so happened I picked the only place in my KPA where I had 3 rigs in a row that all had Definition at 0.