Rig Manager very slow/unresponsive.

• I thought I should be fair and report the problem I have properly.

My computer is up to date machine with 16 gigs of ram, all .net libraries are up to date, USB 2.0, proper cable etc. It's not hardware problem. I run Windows 7 64bit professional.

It worked once after I downloaded it on Friday, I have made no changes to my computer since then.

Now, the problem:

It sort of works, but it's ridiculously slow and unresponsive. It tries to download rigs from the Kemper, but each rig takes about 2-3 minutes - it downloads 1-2 rigs, goes into "not responding" state for about 30-60 seconds, then continues. I installed it again before going to bed and left it overnight Even after rigs were downloaded (from Kemper, I don't touch rig exchange), I couldn't do anything in the manager, not even resize the window. It would go into "not responding" and Windows green circle "mode" instantly. When I minimize RM window, I can't maximize it again. Killing it with task manager takes 3-5 tries at minimum.

Even running it with Kemper off and trying to move window around instantly makes it "not responding". I can't open any menus/options.

It's unusable in this state.

Kemper USB driver is installed correctly.

Edited 2 times, last by mdeeRocks ().

• Interesting. For no apparent reason, my RM in again in "not responding" super slow and unusable mode again today. I've made no changes to my computer since yesterday, I didn't even turn it on.

• I thought this problem was gone after upgrading firmware to 2.3.1 (I have no idea about relationship between firmware and RM), but it's still there.

1. Powering down the Kemper and powering up doesn't fix it. I've tried it at least 10 times.
    2. Kemper Profiler driver is installed correctly.
    3. The software works, but it's painfully slow, 1-3 minutes pause in "non responding" mode between every operation. Can't close it without killing via task manager. Can't minimize it, won't come back.
    4. Cycling the firmware always fixes it, but only until next reboot of the computer.
    5. I have several other devices connected to usb (Peterson StroboHD+, a couple of Digitech Loopers etc.) and all of them can be plugged in/out on demand. They all come with some sort of control software. None of them ever had any problems running on this machine.
    6. I have unplugged everything from this machine except mouse and keyboard. Problem still there
    7. Running rig manager with Kemper off gives the same bad results
    8. I've tried connecting the Kemper to different USB ports. No change..

I was told by someone from Kemper team in other thread that cycling firmware is "a waste of time and will not help at all". Well it does help, if you know any better method to fix my problem, I'd be very happy to hear it.

Edited 2 times, last by mdeeRocks ().

• I was told by someone from Kemper team in other thread that cycling firmware is "a waste of time and will not help at all". Well it does help, if you know any better method to fix my problem, I'd be very happy to hear it.

power cycle. all you do is disconnect and reconnect USB when downgrading to an older firmware and up again.

edit: okay, allow me to be less cynical. there is certainly something happening which can be fixed. but not by down- and upgrading the firmware again. the reason why i'm emphasizing so much on that is to avoid that it become another secret sauce hint. like "power up for two hours and the profiles sound warmer" 8o
    as you might see, you have no responses in your thread at all. if you are not already in touch with support, maybe you should so we can have a closer look?
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• No, that's fine. I am last person to believe in snake oil and you won't see me resetting the system or wiping out flash or anything like that.

There must be some indirect correlation (I don't really want to speculate) or I am seeing things. I'll try to contact support.

• It must be some flag set somewhere... Have you checked windows' task manager to see which processes are taking more cpu? This might help debugging the whole thing

:)

Yeah, cpu below 1%.
    Yesterday, I had another weird discovery, I've unplugged USB stick from the Kemper and plugged it into my comp... all of sudden everything works. I have theory that RM is trying to access my empty SD card reader and that makes it think too much ;)
    I'll keep trying, I've also contacted support regarding this.

• Yeah, cpu below 1%.
    Yesterday, I had another weird discovery, I've unplugged USB stick from the Kemper and plugged it into my comp... all of sudden everything works. I have theory that RM is trying to access my empty SD card reader and that makes it think too much
    I'll keep trying, I've also contacted support regarding this.

rig manager scans for USB sticks, maybe but just maybe that's a part of the problem?
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• rig manager scans for USB sticks, maybe but just maybe that's a part of the problem?
    gs

that would explain firmware swapping. I have to plug the stick back and forth :)

My SD card reader is USB Storage device and it's (almost) always empty, but always connected. Will fiddle with it tonight (disable the reader) if I have time and report back.