Dream theater profile.

• Thanks guys, some of the best Boogie Profiles out there.

Like the transpose and HARM setting on them as well :)
    Did a bit of adjusting on the HARM setting and got a very cool Octavia sound going...........

thanks again,
    sean

• the original Dimarzio is way different than the Crunch Lab - it's not labeled a Steve's Special, but from all I've heard it's basically exactly that. I noticed after switching that all my patches sounded thin and midsy (albeit this was when I was using my Pod HD). The SS has a much thicker bass and kind of scooped tone. The neck is similar - unlabeled Air Norton vs. Liquifire - less dramatic of a difference but it's definitely not the same.

I tried a few different things - turned up Bias to get a bit more bite and high-end shine in the tone, but the leads still sing. Also tried Till's Recto 56 and 59 instead of 62. 62 was the most creamy I could tolerate while still having a crisp high-end. 56 is a bit less woofy and a bit more bright. 59 is the brightest - sounds pretty much like a 57 on axis. And I tried using less bass and some more treble. I think I've found a nice middle ground - I'll post the patches and clips soon. I'm also going to post my DI's, so everyone can compare my guitar tone to theirs.

I also have a tweaked James Harvey Mark V (Mark IV mode) patch that's pretty killer for the more aggressive JP rhythm tone. Gonna get that up either tomorrow or next week.

Hi,

When I did this profile, I had in mind the tone Petrucci had in the Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess. He was using his EBMM JP6 prototype + MarkIV combo + a Boss Delay. The tone was one of my favourite. After rethinking, I changed the Tonestack EQ quite a bit, raising the treble at -0.2 and dropping the presence at -1.7. The tone is more liquid but keeps his characteristics. Another great control with my cab is the high shift. You can drop it carefully. Each decrement of 0.1 changes the tone quite a bit with good headphones.

Cheers