Trying to get the best tone!

• Hi everyone!

Untill now, i have been playing my kpa with phones and it has sounded great. Sometimes, i have to play live and i connect my kpa direct into the mixer (i think it is called FOH) and the it sounds great, but my distorted sound is not too powerfull. I have thought that, maybe, if i use a FRFR or a power amp and cabinet, i will get a tube amp sound, powerfull and compact.
    What is better? To get a good FRFR or to get a power amp and cabinet?
    And if i get a power amp and cabinet, can i get any poweramp (like mixer poweramp) or i have to get something special, like the camplifier (which is very expensive)?

Bye and i will be hoping your answers to make my kps sound even better!

Thank you in advance!

• I have used a mixer a couple of times, and the drums and bass are connected into it also.
    If i turn the volume up, i hear very loud my kpa, but i am used to hear my guitar amp behind me, and maybe that is my main problem .... I hear my kpa far away from me.

If i use my kpa into my studio monitors, i feel that it sounds very trebbly and thin .... Why?

• Ok, so i have to use a pa only for myself with a Frfr, but in Chile i can't get the best ones. Here i can get FCR and Line 6 l3, which i think they could be a good ones. Should i get a line 6 l3 ? Are those so good?

• For recording and headphone/studio the Kemper is fine.
    For live a good tube amp is just so much better (I know many might reply this and that now, but you can't ignore the truth)

You can use the Kemper with certain additional (and expensive) equipment but you will never get what a good tube amp can do.
    I have tested the Kemper live, but the feeling and the dynamic of a tube amp is simply very noticeably better,even if you use Tube Power Amps for the Kemper.
    The direct feeling (and sound) of "guitar into tube amp into box" is just unbeatable (and not that expensive)

If you don't need many sounds live, buy a used Marshall (for example),crank it up and "shake it" ;)

• While everybody is entitled to his/her opinion I need to disagree here, strongly.
    I stand by my advice: try before you buy.

And BTW if tube amp were still better then why do more and more bands do the switch (best example is MUSE)?

To the OP: don't follow fundamentalistic posts like the one above.
    Make your mind up and use your ears.

• I often disagree with some opinions (f.e. profi-Profiles fit for live-use without tweaking, I never met one) that's no problem, but this statement is untrue.
    It can be more simple (or faster) to use a real amp on stage (especially concerning dynamics f.e)., but it is not true that you can not achieve this feeling with your KPA !!
    It affords some tweaking, okay, but the results are more than comparable.
    (and I've been playin for more than 30 years live, with nearly any concepts of equipment)

As Ingolf recommends: TRY and decide

• Couldn't agree more, I get what I think are superb tones from my Kemper and I'm a tube snob at heart, but that is just my opinion so I won't tell anyone the Kemper is just as good as tubes, try things out and decide for yourself like I did, no one in my audience has ever said anything bad about my tone and dynamics, except for a few musicians who raved over it :)