Andertons 1964 reissue Marshall JTM145 Head

• Joo,

Any one perhaps stumbled over a Andertons 1964 reissue Marshall JTM145 Head profile ?? That would be nice.. :P
    Could not find one..

These amps are kinda rare.. the only made 200 or so (and sold out..)

Check the sound out here:
    Clickie

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

Edited 2 times, last by nixxo13 ().

• The new JTM145 is a great sounding amp - especially via Alnico speakers.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I have one of these.. and indeed they are awesome. - not too loud though. so forget dragging it to a practice with a band. - but the problem with the old marshalls they are useless unless you can tame them.. and its never the same when you tame a monster... so this one hits the spot!.. my only beef is it would be better at 10 watts to be able to use it at band volume. but none-the-less, a perfect partner for home & studio.

• I have one of these.. and indeed they are awesome. - not too loud though. so forget dragging it to a practice with a band. - but the problem with the old marshalls they are useless unless you can tame them.. and its never the same when you tame a monster... so this one hits the spot!.. my only beef is it would be better at 10 watts to be able to use it at band volume. but none-the-less, a perfect partner for home & studio.

Eagerly await the profiles Andy :thumbup:

• If you'll settle for NON-reissues, there are 1970s JTM profiles in the Rig Exchange, and in the Stock Rigs.

The Amp Factory has several JTM amps profiled, including a 1966.

The 70s amps are JMPs, AFAIK Marshall didn't produce a JTM 45 in the 70s.

Andy's '66 is a "black flag" (=reverse logo) amp which is kind of a transitional amp and might have a slightly different circuit and different transformers. Many people speak of those as JTM50. I also think that this very amp Andy has profiled is not really typical for a JTM-sound. It is quite muddy with a boomy low end. Although JTMs are supposed to have a looser bass than the later JMP models, they are still not that boomy. My guess is that either there is something wrong with that particular amp (caps or tubes) or the JTM50 are vastly different from JTM45. Since I never played an original "black flag" I don't know what the case is. But joptunes has profiles from his black flag JTM50 on rig exchange and they sound much more like a typical JTM to me.

Andy has another JTM45 in one of his earlier packs but I don't know which year this is from or if it is really a vintage one. A true JTM45 would have to be from '65 or earlier, from '66 on they modified the circuit to what eventually would become the JMP series in '67 (100 or 50 Watt).

The other JTM45 profiles I know of (including the factory profiles) are all reissues. The JTM45 was reissued somewhere around 1990 and is around since then. I believe - though I'm not absolutely sure - they mostly used EL34s since KT66s were not available then. It is only the handwired version that was released last year. And since KT66 are available again Marshall could get these new reissues closer to the original vintage amps.

I definitely think they are worth profiling as they are much closer to an old JTM as the older reissues have been. I wouldn't mind a profile of a real '65 or even an earlier block-logo JTM45 though ;)

What I'm actually still waiting for is somebody doing a "complete" vintage Marshall pack:

In my dreams that would consist of a JTM45 from '65, a JTM45/100 from '66, and JMPs from '67,'68 and '69 (all as Superleads and Superbass). All these amps with period correct cabs with G12M25 (75 and 55Hz) and G12H30 (75 and 55 Hz as well). That would make 8 different amps and 4 different cabs. And if somebody would find an early Series 1 Bluesbreaker with G12M or even alnicos that would be even better. But I'm not holding my breath though, most people who own these collectors pieces probably never even heard about the Kemper let alone profiling them.

Edit:
    Seems like I misunderstood the original question. It was all about that 1 Watt Andertons special edition. Armin has a profile pack of that little baby. Never heard it so I don't know how good it is in creating a JTM45 sound.

• Armin has a profile pack of that little baby. Never heard it so I don't know how good it is in creating a JTM45 sound.

the first sound samples are up ...
    (all done with Les Paul's guitars)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de