How do you organize your rigs in RM ?

• Hello !

Because of some missing features (by design and forever will be, or maybe coming in a next release) I still haven't found a way to organize my rigs :
    By brand ? By vendor ? By author ? By style & use (vintage, crunch, fuzz,higain..) ? Commercial vs free ? Singles vs packs ?
    What use of the (1-level only) subfolder ?

I will be grateful if some of you could come and explain how you have decided to organize your rigs in the RM

Thanks,
    Laurent

• It is still an ongoing process, but for now I only have a few folders named after the source (ampfactory, re local, okstrat, soundside.de, ..) that I use as a "working" folder for tryout. Once screened every profile ends up in my main folder.

The ones I really like receive the fav tag and end up on my Kemper - which contains around 50 at this point.

The way I see it, a database should provide sufficient ways to query for data (profiles). Hierarchical structures are limited because you always have to follow that one logical principle you set your structure up with. The further you structure it, the less flexible it becomes.
    The true power of a database is to search/select any subset of your data depending on what you are currently looking for. For that you need clever tagging and indexing plus a flexibel custom search function for subsets of data.

Many people have difficulties with this concept and like things placed in the proper folder/drawer - but just imagine your wardrobe would be one big white box with an opening and a touch screen.
    In the morning you decide - i go blue/white today so type in or select: select all shirts either blue and white and all trousers blue including jeans, cotton and all black shoes that are either sneakers or made of leather. You get a list of entries on your touch pad - you decide this shirt, this jeans and the black sneakers - the box feeds you your clothes.

This is what databases are meant for and in IT this can easily be achieved (i'd love to have that for my clothes too).

Conclusion: I will "organize" as little as possible try to keep all profiles in one place. For searches I will create "working" folders for tryout/preview and interaction with the Kemper.

90% of the game is half-mental.