Left channel of audio intreface suddenly very quiet, broken?

• Hello fellow Kemperites,
    thought I'd post here because the forum is just so great and people have been very helpfull here. Today as I was listening to some music, suddenly the left speaker dropped in volume by a lot (was almost not hearable anymore). The speakers are connected to my Alesis MultiMix4 USB audio interface. I first thought the speaker was broken, but I as I changed the leads, it was the right one that was way too quiet. Sometimtes there's also a lot of hiss in the signal. Also tried this when not connected to my PC but to the KPA instead, same result.

Can this mean that the left channel of my AI is broken?

• I did some testing and it appears that after about 5 minutes after turning the AI on, the left out channel drops drastically in volume and a lot of fizz appears, so probably somehow broken. Well, that means I now have the permission to buy a new one (which I wanted for a long time already :thumbup: ). The Focusrite scarlett 2i4 is arriving today.

• I have one more question: The scarlett 2i4 has 4 unbalanced cinch outs, does that mean i could connect 4 monitors to it? If yes, then will the monitors connected to output 1and 3 (or respective 2 and 4) have the same signal?