axe fanboys comments about michael wagener using kemper

• Interesting How theese guys nullify Michael wageners praise for the kemper saying his ears are shot and hes hasnt done anything decent in years old news etc. Sounds liek they justfind a way to make the kemper look bad even when there is no reason to .

I wanted to post a reply but I couldnt on the axe forum

quoted below from axe forum

"Originally Posted by burgher79
    [Blocked Image: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png]

Well I wasnt too fussed about the Kemper until I
    found out Michael Wagener absolutely loves it - and he knows guitar
    tone better than anyone. With his history of great guitar recordings I
    might just try it. Probably the greatest free endorsment of the Kemper
    you could get!

Gearslutz.com - View Single Post - Kemper?

Not really a big deal in my book. Although MW is partially
    responsible for a lot of my fav 80's guitar god tracks, he hasnt done
    anything worth while in 20 years. You KPA guys got a hold of one thing
    and run amuck with it. Let's see....german producer/engineer....german
    product. hmmmmmm.....

Lets reserve this thread for solid comparisons or non-comparisons and honest reviews. Keep the KPA fanboy' crap out of it.

Last edited by GuitarDojo; Jan-5-2013 at 12:21 AM.

DigitalTube likes this.

AXE II - MFC 101 - Atomic CLR Wedge = Bliss

• Here's the thing about Endorsements and Fanboy's.

Endorsements:
    Wagener uses Nuendo. Shouldn't you? The industry standard is Pro Tools. I use Reaper.
    Wagener has been a Pro for decades. I've been an amateur for decades. Shouldn't amateurs listen to my endorsement for Reaper?
    After all, Amateurs and I have a lot in common: Limited budget, less training, need for speed since we have less hours (day jobs), etc.

Endorsements are advertising gimmicks mostly. What works for one person's work flow, professional needs, or personal budget vary greatly from another's.
    Also, a pro can do something with a unit most others may not be able to do. For example, I've read many who can get screaming great sounds out of an 11R.
    Not me. Hated the thing. I bet Wagener could make that unit sing! If he could it still wouldn't help me. Not even his presets. His tastes might be a different genre than mine.

Fanboy's:
    If we each read a thread that talked about how amazing this other woman was and how inferior our own wife was, would that drive us to a divorce?

So the secret here is essentially this:

Don't let others get in the way of YOUR path to fun... career... love... spirituality.... or (and this is most important) Digital Amp!

• I think you totally missed my point , Its not that Mw is god and you should do what he does , its that Axe fx users discredit him right away , his opinion is still relavent and you cant discount his years of experience and talent in getting a great sound .it may be true that we cant blindly follow our idols but its liek asking a great guitarist how he plays a certain riff and learning from him , he has learned his skill and you can learn from it too , Michael wagener has recorded for many years and Im just tryin gto learn from his experience.

I agree I wouldnt take his endorsement and run with blindly with it , but it would make me think to try a kemper for myself for sure and thats the point
    And right away the AXE fanboys discredit him

• Endorsements can be helpful if they come from someone who's work you respect, particularly if it is an unsolicited endorsement. That is not to say that that particular piece of gear is going to work as well for YOU, as was so well explained in an earlier reply, but it is a good indication that the product is a good one, and therefore worth trying.

• Nikon and Canon
    Apple and Windows
    Strat and LesPaul
    Tubes and Digital
    KPA and AxeFx

use what works best for you - or all :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de