Recommendations for Commercial Profiles - Low tunings (C-standard)

• Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any commercial profiles that sit well with lower tunings? I play in C-standard, and prefer warm, BIG tones. Think Sleep, High on Fire, Kyuss, Black Pyramid etc.

I've tweaked Fluff's 5153 to my liking, but looking for a few other profiles to compliment it - one more vintage and 'wooly' sounding...the other, more sludge - like EyeHateGod, Soilent Green etc.

Anyone have any ideas for profiles or even cab recommendations?

Interested to hear the results...

-Tonerider

• If anyone is looking for anything similar, I ended up buying Andy's Amp Factory '68 Orange Matamp, and Soldano SLO-100 packs. Great sounds out of the box, and with a little tweaking, even better!

• I am using R.U. Sirius profile of the Bogner Shiva. Works great with overdrive or fuzz. I play a seven string so my low note is a B. No problems with clarity or punch. You can hear some full length tracks using the shiva under the Link your Music forum. The title for the Thread is Not Of thIS Earth.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• If anyone is looking for anything similar, I ended up buying Andy's Amp Factory '68 Orange Matamp, and Soldano SLO-100 packs. Great sounds out of the box, and with a little tweaking, even better!

I guess you're looking for all out Stoner/Doom sounds. Well, '68 Orange Matamp profile EXCELS at that, it was one of the first profiles I've bought after I got myself the Kemper.
    I dialed in a crunchy low gain tone, and smack the hell out of the input with my VoodooLab Superfuzz, instant stoner/doom/sludge/fuzz heaven. I'd also recommend the '73 Orange Overdrive profile, and definitely the HiWatt DR103 profile aswell, they are all perfect for that sound. If you lack an appropriate fuzz pedal, you could also use the Big Muff, Proco RAT and similar fuzz stomp models in the Kemper itself, they also work out pretty well.

• What guitars / pickups are you guys using for stoner tones?

I have a few Gibson SG Standard,

Bridge pickup:
    I tried Seymour Duncan Custom 5 , Custom 8, Bare Knucle Warpig, Black Dog, Nailbomb A5 , Riff Raff, Dimarzio super distortion
    I kept the Black dog for my C-tuned guitar, and the Riff Raff for the E-tuning

Neck pickup:
    Dimarzio Super 2 , way above all other pickups i tried for stoner sound, incredible bass response. I also put one in a baritone guitar, killer.

Edited 2 times, last by lef38 ().

• Currently I am using the Kent Armstrong Broiler 7 in both positions. These are passive pickups, and Kent is primarily known for jazz pickups. So they are warm and produce more bass. I have these on a seven string so I can get down to a low B and not have to worry about drop tuning or poor string tension. They are clear enough pickups to pick up the low notes, and really get that fat, fuzzy 70's sound when thrown into the neck position.

I have considered the BKP's, post a link if you have a sound sample of the Riff Raff or Nailbomb. I have another guitar that I am rebuilding and considering a different pickup set.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”