Advice Please

• Just bought Matrix GT800FX Amp to run through a Marshall V30 2 x 12 Cab. Whats the best option for cabling it up? The cab has 1 8 ohm single socket or 2 stereo 16 ohm, obviously running stereo 16 ohm cuts the output from the Matrix down to 125w output!

So am I safe to use left channel out from Kemper into one side of amp into cab at 8ohm this should give 400w at 8 ohm.

The Matrix has some weird "parallel" switch which is single input into A that joins A and B amps to provide left and right output, but I'm only using single cable to 8ohm socket on cab, so if I don't use one side will this trash the amp in some way !

Help please.

Geezer.

• Don't get wrong, Love the DXR, small, portable, good sound but, only thing is it just doesn't sound like a dedicated guitar cab!

Did a gig last night, with Matrix GT800FX and Kemper, bloody awesome! Bye Bye DXR, I'll just use for rehearsal now!

Geezer.

Don't get wrong, Love the DXR, small, portable, good sound but, only thing is it just doesn't sound like a dedicated guitar cab!

Did a gig last night, with Matrix GT800FX and Kemper, bloody awesome! Bye Bye DXR, I'll just use for rehearsal now!

Geezer.

Shame you've said bye to DXR but glad your loving the matrix mate. i need to come see ya gig soon, gotta check out your rig and the other guitarists Axe FX ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The Matrix has some weird "parallel" switch which is single input into A that joins A and B amps to provide left and right output, but I'm only using single cable to 8ohm socket on cab, so if I don't use one side will this trash the amp in some way !

Don't use that switch. Just connect to one side in/out. No problem, just beware that you CAN blow those speakers if you go too loud. 120W should be plenty for normal human ears though 8)