Yamaha THR5

• I agree it's an amazing amp for its size. I have the THR10 and I use it with my Kemper - mostly just because I like its portability. I just plug into the stereo aux input and then I get a very full range sound with my Kemper without having to run it through a big power amp and cab. Very convenient!

• Yeah, it works great... I use a 1/8" instrument to 2 XLR males - this provides a balanced out from the Kemper to the THR10. I also tried connecting a stereo 1/4" from the monitor output of the Kemper to the stereo 1/8" aux of the THR10 and it sounded okay. But when I jacked up the volume, there was a slight buzz... that was for use during a live performance (I had the stereo XLRs out to the PA system) and I just used the THR10 as a backup monitor. Didn't really need it though because we had in-ear monitors of the mix too.

• Great device, specially in relationship to its price. Too bad they can't seems to fix the battery-level check issue, which is often offset and switches the whole thing off when at very high gain and volume setting (when running on batteries).

It has to be seen whether the new models (X, C etc.) have been redesigned.
    Does anyone know anything on the matter? :|

• Hi mates, do you know how easy is it to record , any need for EQ / editing ?? Is it as easy to record than the KPA ??

Dje did you use the line out or Headphones out ?

gianfranco : easy answer , the battery issue is due to the two 12ax7 running behind the grid , as you can see the orange light of the cooking tubes ... :D

And it's not a bug , it's a feature : once you're grown up you don't need to play metal any more , you're struck to clean / crunch tones

• LOL

I can foresee a lot of metal guys throwing their THRs back to yamaha :D

As for recording, there's a direct USB connection to computer. They all say it's OK.
    But, I'd not venture in buying one as long as I'm not sure the issue is fixed. Unless of course you play to rely exclusively on mains for power.

• Hi,

This tiny amp is really great; I mainly use the Modern Mode and upgraded to V2, which for me sounds better for this mode. This amp has balls !! Honestly, the more I play, the more I love it. Very simple to use and great practice amp. The tone is also nice and for me sounds better than the Spider, Fender or Roland practice amps.

About the batteries issues, no problem with this as I always play with the AC power.