Yamaha DXR10 Settings

• hello i Need some Settings for the Yamaha DXR10

no DSP
    Input 1 (+4 dBu) or Input 2 (-10 dBu)?
    HPF off, 100 or 120 HZ?

8|

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I run 2 dxr12s, and I tend to leave all the EQ attenuating settings off when dialing in my sounds LOUD. That way I can really hear exactly what my core tone is going to sound like. After that is complete, depending on the venue, I may engage the high pass at 100hz option. I still generally do not use FOH or monitor mode, just everything off as stated. Between my Adam a7xs, then further dialing in on my dxr12s, I've had the most consistent and best tones live I've ever had in my life, really nothing else to say. I still generally listen out front by the board ( I'm wireless) as our personal soundguy is dialing us in, but so far, I have yet to make a tweak "on the fly" compared to what I dialed in at home or loud at practice ( usually just at home) our sound guy for me generally just applies a high pass at 100hz on me on the FOH mains, " maybe" a low pass around 12k ( generally never needed for the style of tones I use) and that's about it. I never use EQ tweaks from the output menu either, just not really needed for me. If the profile doesn't work at the core and I'm finding I have to add graphic EQ's etc i won't use it, so many profiles now available it's not needed for me personally, that is just me though. Hope that helps.

• i´m a Little disapointed with the dxr10, cause i found the Sound is too thin, i use at home Cambridge soundworks digital with a subwoofer and they make a really great powerful thick Sound.
    i want to give the dxr10 a second try, maybe i i´m to stupid for the correct Settings.

so hear what i did:
    DXR10 Input 2 mono
    DSP off
    HPF off
    Volume -20 to -8 db

KPA:
    connected via Monitor out (normal guitar cable)
    Monitor Output: Master mono (don´t know the other Options, does anybody know them?)
    Monitor Volume: -20 db ? korrekt
    Main Volume: -20 db ? korrekt
    Monitor Output EQ:
    Bass +3,9
    Middle -1,6
    Treble -0,3
    Presence 0

Maybe someone can help me please

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• if you Play with an acoustic with piezo, for me it sounds better, but i´m always happy for an advice

• What guitar (acoustic vs. electric), amps (clean vs. distorted), music are you playing?
    I can't complain about having a thin sound with my DXR. Actually my band mates thought it is too thick....so I use the 100Hz filter on the DXR during rehearsal...that fixes it.

• Here's another vote for the 100Hz high pass filter in the DXR10, I've always thought it sounded too boomy with that switch set to "off".

Interestingly after I decided to make that setting "permanent" I told the sound guy in the venue we always play to engage the 100Hz cut button in the mixer if he felt my KPA was sending too much bass but he said it wasn't.

And that's into a PA with a huge subwoofer.

Also worth noting is that since I had tweaked all my rigs with the 100Hz switch set to "On", it was to be expected that my rigs would be a bit bass-heavy. But they weren't. So what does that tell us? My guess is that the DXR10's response curve is closer to "flat" with the 100Hz switch engaged than with it set to off.

• I don't believe that switching on the lowcut below 100 Hz can make the DXR sound more flat.
    Because by definition it alters the frequency response curve by cutting below 100 Hz.
    This would be a paradox concerning the FRFR paradigm.

That doesn't mean that the switch isn't useful though.