LED issues?

• Is this still an issue with the newer units?

Thought it was just a bad batch from a while ago? Just seems like lots of people are report issues again lately.

I still have a few weeks in my return period. As much as I like the KPA, this seems pretty concerning.

• Do you know for sure that some units not belonging to the failing batch(es) have been exhibiting the issue?

PS: Should it unlikely happen to you unit, it would be repaired under guaranty... and would live well from then on :)

• There have been quite a few people reporting LED issues lately. I don't what batch they are from, that's why I'm asking. Are there still LED issues on new units? perhaps someone from Kemper can respond.

• One of my LEDs has gone out on the ring of LEDs around the gain knob & one's gone out around the Vol knob!
    Are these the LEDs you're referring to ?
    My unit's more than a year old. Don'y know if Kemper would repair under warranty & if so does it have to go back to Germany?

This happened to me. Volume knob too actully. Anyways, I sent it back to Kemper via the retailer I bought it from as it was still under warranty. I got it from dv247.com who give a 4 year warranty on all items so I was sorted. All in all, it took about 5 weeks or so turnaround.

I think that the LED-gate is the reason why the LED ring on the toasters are missing from the rack unit. For me, its actually one of the many reasons I went for a toaster over a rack...they just look awesome! :) (well, that and its more portable, naturally! :thumbup: )

• My unit's more than a year old. Don'y know if Kemper would repair under warranty & if so does it have to go back to Germany?

The good news is that your Profiler comes with a 3-year warranty from mothership. Depending on where you're located, there may be a repairing facility closer to your place :)

To the OP: official statement from Kemper is that the issue is related to a defective batch of boards used in 2012.
    I believe many have just bought units just made in that period, Kemper sales have been growing in the time and most units sold last year must/could have been produced in 2012 AFAWK.