Mission Engineering Gemini amps prices now announced!!!

• Yeah, let us know :)

As for buying the CLR from Europe, cabs are always sold by AA, the Irish facility is nothing more that a wharehouse. I strongly doubt you'd have to rely on it for any assistance, you could refer to Mothership for any issue.
    Maybe I'm missing something tho... :)

• What I meant was, as far as last time I looked, the CLR's had a waiting list. When I have money burning a hole in my pocket, that rarely works out.

The Europe thing was more for the BlueAmps. When I first got my toaster, I went on KPA - Solutions web site and watched the video twice a day of that cab. If I could have bought the FRA from a US distributer I would have had it a year ago. One day I'll check the NAMM reviews and see a distributer taking pre-orders for the BlueAmp Ultimate, and I Still will buy one.

• Well,.. I've had a good full weekend to get to know my new Gemini 2. I'm very happy.
    I really gave it a workout, and Wednesday night I'll give it more at our rehearsal space where I can actually max out the volume.
    The only downside,....She big and heavy, haha and that's not really my style. But dang if she ain't good.

Weight, about 51 lbs, (compared to my DT-50 2x12 , at 76 lbs, that's not too bad). A set of 2 Gemini 1's, is most likely a better option for anyone concerned with weight but still wanting stereo. The Stereo separation is as good as can expected in any 2x12 combo, like Roland JC-120, or VGA 7. Frequency Response is listed as 57 hz-20KHz. I don't have gear to measure if that is correct, but I assume it is.

When profiling an amp/cab, or tracking for a recording, mic's are typically placed right on the grill cloth. Placement makes a big difference,.... on the cone, on the edge, on axis, off axis, additional room mics etc. When recording FRFR cabs that is not the case. You have to cover the " Full Range" and capture all the drivers. I am still not happy with my recordings, although the sound in the room is FANTASTIC. I'm getting closer to a true representation by placing the main mic about 4 inches off grill. The high freq driver is in the center of the low, so placement on the outer edge seems the right compromise for the demos I'm working on. This is really not a problem as I will never be using these for recording after this project, just for performances and rehearsals.

The Cab is LOUD, and you can feel the air move.

My first trials I didn't use the Kemper, I used my new Boss GP-10 Guitar Processor, direct into the Cabs. Using the 13 pin input to the GP-10, I tried some of the guitar, effect, amp, cab models. Wow. I selected some bass guitar presets, and the Gemini never let me down, reproducing the full sound of a Fretless Bass. Nylon, Acoustic 6 and 12 string string models sound beautiful through a Full Range system. Far out Moog type Synth presets, and the legendary GR-300 never sounded this good. What really impressed me, were some of the down tuned guitar models with Metal Amp models. Chug a Chug heaven. This really isn't my style of playing, but it was very addictive pounding out these grooves and feeling the low frequencies hit my body. Soo much different than with headphones, yet, also the same. Feeling the sheer volume of the lows is why guitarists love 8 or more 12's at 11, with no crapping out at the extremities.

Normally, the GP-10 is A/B'd with a normal 1/4 input into my pedals, and on to the KPA. This test bypassed that. I have a modified JC-120 patch I use for all my Guitar Synth patches, but after this test, I'm rethinking how I will do this.

I'm in the process of tweaking my Kemper Presets for use with the Gemini. It can handle way more than the Tech21's. I spent 20-30 minutes just evaluating various Cab models with my favorite AC-30 patch. Since I always had cabs off with the tech 21's, this will take some time. It sucks being a pseudo perfectionist, .... Nothing's ever good enough,...:). I also tried something interesting,... My Kemper rack into left channel, Kemper toaster in to right. I used a great AC-30 patch on both, but bumped up gain on the Toaster, and leveled the volume. Very Eric Johnson type tone. Tried same idea with duplicate patches but using alternate Cab models on Toaster. You get the idea. Unfortunately, no time left for playing, weekends over.

I hope I can manage to capture what I'm hearing in the room on video. I'm not at all happy with the transfer to Youtube yet. I finally had some raw files that sounded great on the MacBook imovie app, but when "shared" to youtube, were way too low in volume, so immediately removed. I don't quit, so eventually I'll get it done, (plus, I'm enjoying playing too much to want to "work" on a demo).

I'll post when I get video that I'm satisfied with uploaded.

• TheShippingGuy here from Mission Engineering. Glad you liked it merman. Been waiting for someone to come out and say how loud it is. The offices adjacent aren't too happy with us haha. May be getting a separate amp assembly shop!

Anyways, any questions, concerns, -- throw 'em my way!

• I can tell you that your profiles sound wicked
    Through my Gemini !!!! But, they sound great on anything :)

I don't have other FRFR cabs to compare it against, so I can only say how great they sound to me.
    I did my research, as best as possible before purchase, and am very satisfied.