Anyone interested in trying to get a Dumble profiled ?

• There is a big bubble for vintage guitars and some amps - it will - as all other bubbles burst some time .....

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• There is a big bubble for vintage guitars and some amps - it will - as all other bubbles burst some time .....

I used to think the same when I saw and played a '59 burst with a celebrity history in '87 for 12.500 at No. 1 in Hamburg.
    When the "Guitar and Coffee Shop" in Mannheim sold a '58 for 60.000 bucks to Gregor Hilden ten years later I thought the bursting bubble thing was long overdue... Those days I was still hoping the prices would come back into regions I could afford eventually. Last time I checked bursts are still going between 150.000 and 250.000 depending on the figure of top.

I gave up hoping on bursting bubbles in my forseeable future...

Seriously: The vintage market has already hit the bottom. The bubble bursted in 2008/09 and now it's again rising. When vintage ES-330s are around 5.000 you know that the market is going up again. ;)

• yeah.. I agree that the vintage market is at a low right now. I buy and sell vintage guitars and most all collectable guitars are exponentially off from 10 years ago. It's a buyers market!!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Not to sound "cliche" but I love the tone Robben Ford gets from his Dumble ODS which is his signature sound. I have found some of the Fuchs profiles to be very good. You might try some of them, created by Paco Mata and one called Ford Boost.

Duesenberg CC Fullerton, Heritage H535, Guild Starfire 4 ST, Fender American Standard Strat and Tele, Taylor 816CE, Fender Precision bass, Suhr Badger 35 Amp Head, 1x12 cab w/Scumback M75, 1x12 cab w/Celestion G12m-65 Creamback, Fractal Audio Systems AX8, 2 DXR10's, Kemper Profling Amp, Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Vox AC15, Vox NT G2 and more pedals than I should own.

• So, until that time I am happy with Tony McKenzie Dumble profile(which is actually Ceriaton )
    Not so excited when using my 2 Tom Andersons, 7vwh and YJM strat, but with my 3o years old, hand made super strat (full solid Wenge body + vintage Dimarzio Super Distortion HB's) , Tony's profile simply shines 8)

I am sure profile from the proper Dumble , done from some of the pros guys here, will sound just twice better , which is enough to become best KPA profile ever !

Guitartone (Lance )
    Only now I realize that we in South Africa missed a big chance !
    Just month ago we had 2 Dumbles and one Kemper on the same stage, next to each other .
    Imagine if we were so clever as I am now ( :whistling: ) we may organize Santana's Dumbles to be profiled !
    In 10 minutes time....what a pity ;( :D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• Mats Nermak is having a second go at his black goop profiles maybe he will chime in.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yeah I'm sure Van Weelden would be nice, or Bludotone or Quinn. There are some excelent clones around.
    Some Dumbles sound good with Strats some with Les Pauls it all depends on the model. The same goes for clones. There's no "1 size fits all". My Ceriatone (sold it to get the Kemper) sounded realy great with my Tele. A friend of mine builds excelent clones. I might be able to profile his amps.