New Blues Recording Pack (D-Style)

• In my ever changing amp collection is my Fuchs amp the 'D-Style' Blues amp.

This amp was profiled last year (Pack #49) - all channels - 28 differen amp settings.
    For that pack I used Vintage 30 speakers and a Shure SM7B mic - the profiles are a big seller.

So why another pack with the same amp?

I was asked to profile the amp with another speaker cabinet.
    I tried some EV 12L classic - great speakers - but was not impressed (for this amp).

At Music Messe this year I found Kammler Tunator Cabinet's - and liked the sound very much - so I ordered a cabinet - and it is a great fit for the Fuchs amp.

The Kammler is loaded with Celestion Alnico Gold.

If you like to learn more about the Kammler speaker - check this out (German):

http://wp.kammler-cabinets.de/tunator/

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Another new feature for this profile pack is:

I used a Royer® R121 & a Rode® NT-1000 at the same time - this was not possible with my old mic preamp - since I need separate phantom power for both mics.
    (The Rode needs phantom power and the Royer can be toasted in case it get's phantom power).

Two clean and 3 overdriven amp setting were used - each amp setting was profiled 5 times - which different ratio of the mics.

0% Royer - 100% Rode
    25% Royer - 75% Rode
    50% Royer - 50% Rode
    75% Royer - 25% Rode
    100% Royer - 0% Rode

The Rode condenser mic offers much more treble than the Royer - while the Royer has more 'character' for this amp.

I prefer a warmer sound e.g. as used for the sound sample (75% Royer - 25% Rode).

By using this pack you have full control about this.

In case you reamp I recomment to create two tracks - one 100% Royer the other 100% Rode - and mix to your liking.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Hi Matthias,

I am glad that you like this profile pack as well - seams that you own almost all of my profiles yet.

The cabinet ...

When profiling the JTM145 we found that my usual speakers did not work this great - and we profiled the 1x12" Jensen P-12Q (Alnico) in one of my combo amps - this sounded this great that I wanted to own a separate Alnico loaded cabinet - and did a lot of research, checked a lot of cabinets - and found the Kammler at Music Messe.

It's a unique design and works great for a warm blues/rock tone.

Mr. Kammler sells the amps direct - you can reach him here:
    http://wp.kammler-cabinets.de/kontakt/

• Today I played my LesPaul via the Kemper and the Blues Recording Pack (Pack #54) - and adjusted the new CAB parameters and some of the advanced amp parameter to get a totally fantastic sound - can't stop to play.

I did not include these profiles into the pack - since they work only with Kemper Firmware 2.4beta.

If you have purchased this pack, own a LesPaul and like to get them let me know ...

• Today I played my LesPaul via the Kemper and the Blues Recording Pack (Pack #54) - and adjusted the new CAB parameters and some of the advanced amp parameter to get a totally fantastic sound - can't stop to play.

I did not include these profiles into the pack - since they work only with Kemper Firmware 2.4beta.

If you have purchased this pack, own a LesPaul and like to get them let me know ...

Does a Hamer count?

• Hi Armin,
    please send me the new 54 pack.
    Thanks,
    Matthias

send - enjoy!

btw.
    I'll be not at home for the rest of the day - so it can take some time until I send the profiles for anybody else ...