Setting up Boss GT-100 to use as Midi-fc for KPA?

• I have very little knowledge on the KPA and have only owned one for 3 days.

I never had to learn midi in the past, most things just sync up and seem to work fine without any tweaking.

Not finding that to be the case for the KPA.

Im not sure where to go from here....

All I want is to control the KPA's patch change, effects on and off and volume/wha/expressions with the GT-100 and retain the phrase looping abilities from the GT-100.

Any ideas?

• Not sure if anyone on the forum has already setup a GT-100. I guess you could put that question out to the forum. Doing a quick google search I found some similar items:

GT-10 --> http://www.wikpa.org/Using_Spe…DI_Controllers#Boss_GT-10

Good youtube tutorial for POD HD-500 --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSWX7_qOwgY

Having been on this forum for a few short months, I've found the quality of responses are directly related to the 'quality' of the question. The more effort you put in (manuals, search forum, wiKPA, ...), the more in depth the help. If you make little (or no) effort, your responses will probably be of same quality. I'm not flaming you, just pointing out my observation of several months.

As a side note: You'll find Ingolf to be one of the most helpful members on this forum. He did give you some direction to point you in the right direction before he pointed you to the manual.

Again, not flaming. Welcome to the KPA and the forum. It is an incredible piece of gear, with amazing sounds and a great company & forum behind the product. Best of luck with the KPA and Boss GT-100 integration.

• I wouldn't buy the FCB now. Too close to KFC D-Day, I keep thinking, waiting and watching.

Select a patch. Navigate to the system options for midi output. Set output channel to the same channel the Kemper is listening on. Set PC# (programme change) number. Save patch.

Now on the Kemper. Navigate to the patch you want to recall. Go to system menu and in the option for assigning midi PC# number, scroll the soft knob below till you've selected the same PC# that you output from your GT-100.

I think Ingolf is right though. You need to read the manual to be able to find the correct system menus and things. Saying this as a Boss GT-8 user, there's a world of info in there.

• Im not ungrateful for the attention or the direction in which I was pointed.
    Im not offended either lol , but it seemed a little over generalized of a response.
    After taking the first 2 days to read each manual side by side (GT-100 and KPA),
    I came to the forums for help.

So, maybe I equated the quality of response to the assumption that I had not already tried to look for the answer on my own.

Im not lazy or hear to waste anyones time. Especially my own.

My bad for not being specific enough?

In either case, I still dont have an answer to my question.

To reiterate, I would like to use the GT-100s 1 2 3 4, foot volume, expression switch in conjunction with the KPA as a MIDI controller. Secondly I would like to include the GT-100 phrase loop functionality. I have tried several wiring configurations for each products multiple ins and outs to no avail. No idea what to do, im not a gear guru and the information I can find and what has been found for me (thanks) I dont understand. :?:

• Found a forum thread with a member using the GT-100 as MIDI for Kemper. Sounds really limited since the switches are momentary (same as mentioned in the GT-10 thread I posted earlier).

Axe2 Gone 2 Month 3 Gig KPA Review

I'm not a MIDI savvy person, so I can't really help in that regard. But I would:

1. PM the person in the thread above to see if they will respond and provide direct experience/info on your set-up.

2. Yes a picture along with a description of what you are trying to do will help.

Best of luck
    Tony