Getting Fryette to do a package of profiles!

• Pitbull Ultra Lead and Sig X!

All Channels!

...... Just need a mass amount of people with a like minded love for their amps to form a solidarity with me in the form of starting this thread.....

Who's as keen as I am !?!?!

• I'm with you.
    There was a talk about Andy doing a pack, but every time i asked him since he's gotten eerily silent, and i think he's a little tired of high gain for now.

The Fryette guys seem very modeler-friendly, we just need a good tech to profile them.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• That's great! I've emailed Fryette and they've said that they are thinking about it....

I need to drum up enough attention here to get some action from them....

• You should head on over to SS.org - i'm sure you can pick some more guys up to support your noble cause :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• That's great!

I'll shoot them another email when the thread starts to grow, is anyone else able to email Fryette and start to enquire about them profiling as well???

• I'm with you.
    There was a talk about Andy doing a pack, but every time i asked him since he's gotten eerily silent, and i think he's a little tired of high gain for now.

The Fryette guys seem very modeler-friendly, we just need a good tech to profile them.

Who's Andy and where are his contact details?

:)

• Would love a Bulldog cranked at (70% or sweet spot) to get dynamic crystal clear and crunched from one amp position. Just let the guitar volume do the walking and the bulldog doing the talking!! (dual humbucker set in the middle position)

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I've found a potential UL user who lives in the South Carolina area that's willing to donate his time and AMP to the cause. Does anyone here live in that area who knows how to profile?

• Paul Scheiffer who works with Steve Fryette posted profiles of the Memphis on Rig Exchange which sound amazing! Just thought I'd mention in case you hadn't seen those yet.

Yeah I did see that, thanks man. I'll have to hassle him to hassle Steve...

• FYI just posted a set of 100CL profiles on my website - link below. I've owned a UL, a CLX, two CL100s and two CL50s. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either. :)

http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/vht-100cl-profiles.html

Couple of just random thoughts - all of those amps are in the ballpark. UL runs KT88s, the CLX runs EL34s, the CLs run 34s and older ones can run 6L6s too with a switch on the back. Main difference IMHO between the UL and CLX other than the tube type used is that they have dedicated clean channels, the CLs do not. Honestly, not a big deal if you're looking for a VHT sound as all of them sound a lot alike, all but the ULs saturate earlier and aren't quite as 'dry' sounding. For most of us, the ULs are going to be a bit too tight/dry and even the CLX and CLs can be that way too.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you can find someone with a CL or CLX you might like their amp better than the UL - I know I liked my UL, but the CLX I had was just crunchier and the CLs I had were nothing to scoff at either. If you get someone with ANY of those amps to run profiles, as long as they are good at it, you can get some sweet tones. Don't be an UL only snob. :)

Pete

• The UL was always, and still is, my absolute favorite live amp for hard rock/any kind of metal tones of all time. Nothing brought a smile to my face more than using one of those with my deliverance 4x12 live. I actually used to run the UL and a Diezel Herbert in Stereo, both through Fryette Deliverance cabs, although looking back I probably would have gotten a recto cab with the Diezel. They are extremely unique sounding amps, but slice through a mix like nothing I've ever heard. They also to me do not sound quite "right" with anything other than a P50E loaded Fryette cabinet. I know some get great results otherwise, but I will always stand by this opinion after owning 2 UL's, a CL, and a deliverance over about 8 years or so. Again, they are usually a love or hate amp, there really is no in between it seems with people. Some can't handle the "dryness" of the Fryette, and thats fine, but if you actually listen to the TONE they are putting out, it's hard to beat for the heavier stuff. Why they aren't more prominent on huge metal recordings is slightly confusing, but I do know atleast a few reasons why this may be the case. Anyways I absolutely loved my UL, and the Deliverance was just an absolute monster. Maybe bigger and less compressed sounding than the UL, and an insanely versitile amp for being one channel. I would very much love some profiles of the Fryette stuff, even though these days I don't have as much use for them anymore :)

• I'm a total UL snob!

I'm trying to get this page to at least 5 or 6 to get some attention from Fryette! I still can't believe that there isn't any UL profiles out there! Let alone the small handful of Fryette amps!

• Hello all, sorry for the necro-thread (of sorts - only a month or so). This is Paul, and I do indeed do some work with Fryette - specifically, I co-designed the GP/DI and am handling a lot of random other stuff for Steve. I don't actually work for the company, per se, so much as consult on projects that are dear to my heart - and Steve's a friend who I like to help out!

We are still considering doing a pack of profiles, if I can get them to sound like what the amps sound like (and respond reasonably close to them, as well), but I have a few questions for y'all before I go through the hassle of getting the profiles compiled. I already have personal answers to these questions - well, suspicions - but I wanted to see what you forumites have to say! This is just out of curiosity, in other words - I'm moving forward with the project, but your feedback would be invaluable.

1) What would you like to see in the profile pack(s)? The UL, Sig, and Memphis (where I'm going to start, because those are the ones I actually personally have and therefore know best) are all capable of a WIDE range of tones, and capturing ALL of them would be a fool's errand. So what do you guys want to see most?

2) I'm likely to compile 2-3 separate packs of some number of profiles each. How many individual profiles would you like to see in each pack? What I really mean is "how many would make it seem like a good deal"?

3) Would you prefer the packs sorted stylistically (Metal, Clean, Classic, Blues, etc.) or by amp (UL, D120, Sig:X, etc.)? Which makes more sense to you? Keep in mind that I will be covering more than just "typical" tones - the "Metal" pack would include appropriate clean sounds, to give an example.

4) How much [do you think you] would be willing to pay? It is going to take me a lot of time and energy to get these done right, so we're going to have to charge, but I want to get an idea what you think a good deal would be.

5) For those who checked out my previous (free) Memphis profiles: What did you think? Was there anything that stood out to you about them as "great" or "awful"? Those were literally my first attempts - I've been profiling more for personal use, and I've gotten a lot better at it - but I'd like to see your feedback so I can avoid making the profiles too much to "my taste", rather than more generally accessible. If you haven't tried them yet, just go on Rig Exchange and search for "Fryette" - they should be the top ones on the list.