Which Kemper Version should i use?

• Hi,
    hopefully i am asking my questions in the right place :D

I am planning on buying the Kemper for my rig but I don't know which version, the normal or the powerrack, suits my needs more. At the moment I am using a Engl Box which can be used with 240 watt mono. If I buy the Powerhead which seems to have 600 watt, that shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't turn the volume to high but since the signal of the Kemper is a digital one I am unsure if that is enough power for live use. Does anyone have any experience with that?
    My second and even more important concern is that I couldn't find any information whether the poweramp version can be used without plugging the Kemper to a box and go directly into the PA. If that is not possible i probably would go with the regular one and buy a seperate poweramp.
    Can anyone help me out? :D

• Power rack is the way to go for you! I have one and am using a Marshall 1960AX with greenbacks and it works perfectly. Use the regular volume and don't turn up the power amp booster. It's plenty loud and sounds great!

:)

• Hey Djentleman, welcome here :)

240 W average might be enough. It's always hard to tell by ear how many volts you're outputting. How many peak watts does the cab stand? Is it 8 ohm overall?

As for your second question, the Profiler has got a stereo Main output and a mono Monitor output. The power amp is connected to the Monitor out, so the Main out is always line-level. Furthermore, you can switch the power amp off.

Go for it :thumbup:

• If you can go for the power amp, do so. As mentioned, it can be turned off like a separate section. I would have if I had the money when it came out, probably is more expensive now. I think it's great that there are after market solutions like the Camplifier, but wish that Kemper didn't have such issues with respect to electronics regulations and could make a separate power amp available for user installation. I don't see the difference if it's the OMC, but European laws prove otherwise.

Still, I like the idea of going direct to PA on stage, irrespective of whether I have a cab available. Seems unnecessary to mike up a cabinet when using a Kemper and I would like to know the sound that the audience is hearing. Of course, there's nothing like the feeling of air moving on stage, but some people here seem to be able to achieve similar results with something like a Yamaha DXR12 monitor., If I don't have a set up like that available, I could always tote my monitors and my Tech 21 "FRFR" power cabinet, which goes plenty loud. I don't even dial it above 2 on a scale of 10 when playing at home.