Reducing hiss, hum and feedback from hot rigs

• I've been looking at tutorials and haven't seen this control but I know it exists because I used it before and remember either reading about in the manual or seeing it in a tutorial.

It could be under the amplifier button setting. But now I can't find it.

Its for cutting down on hum, hiss, feedback when using heavily overdriven Marshalls/Mesa amps/fuzztones/etc.

Which button turns which knob into the control that does this? I thought it might be pick noise, but that isn't it.

And also in your opinion (provided there is such a control) how natural is it take out the hiss and hum that comes naturally with the loud powerchord thunderous character of that type of amp. I know that is part of the natural sound. Will reducing it too much make it sound not realistic. And what about fret noise?

I might have read in the manual or seen in a tutorial that this control will reduce all the bad parts and just leave the good parts of the heavy guitar sound. Is this possible or perhaps this control was meant to be used only in small increments....when I find out what it is.

Will read the manual again...but still...opinions on taking out too much natural "noise" is also a good topic.

Thanks for any input!

Edited once, last by fuzzpop ().

• Maybe it was the noise gate. I seemed to remember some other knob setting (like the pick...one) where you can just suck out the unwanted noise by turning the knob down. Without altering anything else. Something besides the noise gate. But perhaps I was dreaming.

• Do you advise using the Kemper noise gates/stomp boxes or leaving it to post production in the DAW?

Get the sound right as close to the source as possible.
    If you have a very noisy rig try noise gates, or another position with your guitar (especially with single coils). In certain electronic environments even a change of room can be useful.
    Don't rely on post production ever except for time based FX like reverb, delay etc.

• I've been using the embedded NG since the beginning with great satisfaction. For me, probably the best I've ever used on any device.
    Above all, when set at extreme values, with the right profiles it returns that great Methenish synthetic trumpets sound.