Amp Factory rigs boomy/muddy vs Soundside or Tills

• Profiles being suitable for someone is dependant on how they are done. That includes the setting on the amp and the cabinet speakers, then the mic type and placement. I rely on and love the Kemper BECUASE of how it works. It's a profiler and not a modeler.

I prefer profiles done by folks familiar with the amp they are profiling. I also appreciate a range of profile doing of what the amp is "good" at doing. I'm also not usually happy if too much eq and boost and level things are done as it usually results in a less than great rig and not a profile whatsoever. There are rare exceptions. Put me in the camp that is fussy about individual amps having the goods or not. That's likely why modelers aren't of much use to me. I'm of the opinion that a great example of an amp you like doesn't need to be tweaked beyond what it takes to sound right in the proximity of the amp. Beyond what's needed prior to capturing the actual profile is where I can lose interest most often..

It's a case by case basis and subjective on a personal preference basis.

It's OK if the folks that offer commercial profiles do them the way they see fit. I like rigs AND profiles. They are not the same thing, IMO. I'd prefer to know what I'm buying.

I'd be happiest with good example of what they are selling demoed on their site, and be up front that you are offering profiles, rigs, or both.. They are NOT the same thing. That make it less likely we would be wasting each other's time or money.

I'm a buyer if the offered files are what I'm looking for. I'll be more likely to take a chance on an individual amp than a pack. It's just a matter of spending on what I can use and not what I'll end up needing to delete.

I have found it rare that I won't bother purchasing again from a commercial source If I'm convinced they just don't listen for what I do in an amp. So far, that's only been a one time occurrence..

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• Andy's profiles are good and i've bought tons of them but i wish they were more in your face/direct and not "cab covered". Anyway, andy thanks for your work!