Presonus Firepod or FP10 and SPDIF: Help

• I've never gotten my Firepod to work with my Kemper via SPDIF.

Anyone have this combo and get it working?

I think it's 44.1Hz, SPDIF setting, I set the Recording to be SPDIF and even found it in Reaper, but I hear nothing.

If not, I'll have to get a Sapphire at some point since most here seem to love it. I just like all the routing I get with the FP10, but that's less necessary these days as I record alone.

• I have a firepod and went through the same thing as you. There was a driver that "upgraded" the firepod to be able to daisy chain them together. It disabled the SPDIF. The workaround that works for me is. Unplug the Spdif in on the firepod, go into the firepod control software and switch to clock source internal. Give it a a few seconds then switch to clock source SPDIF plug in your cable. Give it a few seconds then open your recording software. It works, but every time you have to go through these steps.
    Give it a try remember to do this before you open your recording software, or it won't work.

• Same here :(

I tried your workaround sledge, it works but it's REALLY annoying to do that each time.

No permanent solution ?

• I've heard that you can send your firepod in, and they can put an older firmware on it. I've just gotten used to the Mexican hat dance to get it working. It's a pain but keeps me from throwing out a decent interface.