Desperately looking for help...Kemper-> Focusrite 6i6 -> Garageband

• Seems like the profile to me.

Look at the light above the "MASTER" button, top right of your Kemper. When you play the Metallica one, does it stay red?

Mine does. Almost no where can I turn down the volume enough. You CAN turn the gain down all the way and STILL red light clip.

So I don't know what is messed up, whether it's the profile from the get-go or a change in the KPA's OS that did it.

But the good news? It's NOT you, NOR your KPA (I think)!!

I can't find the second profile you mention. Is it off of someone's website?

Some profiles can go red and still appear to work. Others digitally clip. You can tell by ear.

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• Well, that's indeed good news! On the other hand it makes me think if it's just my personal taste what the Kemper sounds like and I just don't dig this device...

If you type "Justin" in the Rig Exchange search bar, it the second one from top

• As you were speaking about the Input light going red. I recognized that no matter which profile I play, clean or heavily distorted and no matte if the volume is turned low or way up, the light always clips (goes from green to red). Sure I know it's about how hard I hit the strings, but shouldn't it stay green when I play with the volume turned real low?

• DB spoke about the output light going red ("Look at the light above the "MASTER" button, top right of your Kemper"). For the input light going red, please go to input menu and try lowering the clean sens.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I haven't figured out how much headroom the KPA has yet. Some profiles, I can see the light get red, but the profile sounds fine.

But this one, starts Red and stays Red.

If I turn Gain all the way down, Volume all the way down, and clean/distortion sense all the way down, I can get a 'clean' sound, but still Red clip.

The profile is screwed up.