I get a static noise when trying to reamp. Analog or spdf.

• I have tried every knob and looked at all the levels for clipping. Input and output stages. If I were to guess it is in the out put somewhere, but not sure. Maybe I have a defective machine. One pass it will be very faint, and the next it will be pretty loud. Loud most of the time. It plays fine and records the dry track fine, but reamping is not working. Any ideas out there, Thanks

• What kind of static noise, hiss or hum? It could just be your interface, I get hiss with s/pdif with one of my interfaces as well when the others are dead quiet.

If you get feedback noise your tracks aren't routed properly and you have an internal feedback loop. You need to pan the di track 100% L and the reamped track 100% R so it doesn't happen.

What do you mean by reamping is not working? Have you watched this walkthrough I made?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• try to power all of your gear in the signal chain with the same plugbar, your kemper, your pc, your interface and your speakers.
    that solved the problem for me!

cheers!

• Are you recording with a laptop by any chance by the way? I had a laptop that if it had its power supply plugged in the same power strip as the rest of the gear caused a ton of noise.

no, i have a pc. i had no noise when i recorded direct with the kemper, but when i used it for reamping. a friend told me that i should power everything with the same power strip. i did that and the noise were gone.

• Thanks for the replays everyone, I love my Kemper and keep an eye out here for ideas and profiles.
    I can't actually say what i did to fix it, lol, but it seems to be working now. I didn't replug anything to anything, but
    turned some more knobs and wha laa, it works well now. I still think I was driving something to hard, but it wasn't a consistent static.
    Anyways, back to how much I love my Kemper.
    Thanks again
    tom