Liquid Foot+ JR+ and Mission SP-1

• Completely frustrated! I began using the LF editor after having to send a brand new Liquid Foot+ JR+ back to FAMC, for a replacement motherboard. After speaking with Jeff he took my paypal info and said he would refund me the shipping, needless to say I never received it. But that is another story.

I have the new unit. It works, the Mission SP-1 pedals work. However, it must take a NASA engineer to program this unit. For those who like to say read the manual. Please direct me to the actual manual which contains information on how to program this unit in the editor. Only items I saw were how to do a manual program. Frankly, this unit should wash my car once a week for the price.

Finally, I have successfully programmed the IA switches. However, I cannot get the expression pedals to work. I have one SP1 for Volume and another SP1 for Wah. Yes the Wah will turn off and on, but no Wah sound changes. The volume will go to mute/tuner in heel position. However no change in volume. Does anyone no what might possibly be done in the LF editor to resolve this issue. All I want is the Wah to engage on one SP1 and the Volume to work on the other SP1. If it is not asking to much a Tuner switch in the heel position would be nice, but make sure the tuner shows on the LF+ JR+.

Please help with any suggestions, and yes I have brand new monster cables, full power, correctly functioning units, and the moon phase in Texas is aligned.

p.s. good look finding a phone number for FAMC, and yes I do blame CKemper for this issue since he has yet to release a KFC. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• I have a liquid foot and it has taken some time to learn the editor hut it has been worth it. Joptunes has been a huge help. There is a video titled "liquid foot +1 expression pedal controls 3 ia's and cc's" on YouTube that might be helpful. I am definitely not the most knowledgable user but am more than happy to help. You will have to set the global one page expression pedal to continuous and the button to toggle ia. The video does a decent job of explaining the process although it might be a little more complicated than normal use. Good luck. I wish you the best.

• First a couple of questions.

have you done any programming in the editor or on the LF itself now? Have you run the auto wizard setup from the computer to setup for a KPA?

Here is a link to my configuration file if you want to load it in and use it as a starting point. I only have one Mission pedal but you could at least see how it's setup and always change slot and CC numbers to controls something different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5vbiyr9qqodnce/LFKPA%203-6-14.syx

right click on the above link to download the configuration file.

I have one pedal setup to control the wah in stomp A. I lock stomp A with a Wah so it's always there. On the Kemper itself i have it set so that when I'm not using the wah, it changes to a volume pedal. that will help explain the programming.

on the global 1 page in the LF editor, I have pedal one setup as: Continuous for pedal #1, Kemper under the midi channel (you may need to change this to a midi channel if you don't have the kemper defined in the LF), and CC #1

Pedal #2 is setup as: Latch, Kemper on the midi channel, and CC #17. This is where i have the second output going to from the mission pedal, or the toe-switch. This is what turns stomp A on/off. If you have your Wah in a different slot, you'll need to program in a different CC# that corresponds to the slot you have the wah in.

so if you're using a second mission pedal, it should connect to port 3. The programming would be similar and have Continuous for pedal #3, Kemper or a midi channel that you're using, and the CC# for volume. I can never remember if volume is CC#1 and wah is CC#7, or vise versa, but should be one of those. This one shouldn't need a toe switch setting if you're using it strictly as a volume control.

I don't think there is a way to have the tuner show up on the LF display just by putting the volume pedal to 0. The KPA itself goes into tuner mode, but the display doesn't show up on the LF. The display will show up if you have an IA setup as the tuner and select it.

Hope this helps. I have a couple of youtube videos that try to show how the pedal is setup, using a second page to access all of the stomps, and the volume/wah pedal working together. Username on youtube is joptunes.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow morning and may not be able to respond in the next 7 days, so sorry if the responses from here are not quick :)

once you get the LF up and programmed to your liking, I'm sure it will do whatever you want it to do.......

sean

• Thanks for the responses guys. Below is my setup and what I am trying to do.

Mission SP1 Liquid Foot+ Jr+ Mission SP1 w/Spring Load

I got the LF+ programmed for my stomps and presets no problem. However I am having a huge difficulty getting the expression pedals to perform properly. Below is what I want to do with the expression pedals.

Mission SP1 (Left Side) - Using EX Port 1 and 2
    Pedal - Volume
    Heel Position - Mute (which happens automatically I believe)
    Toe Switch - Beat Scanner or Tap Tempo

Mission SP! (Right Side) - Using EX Port 3 and 4
    Pedal - Wah (Auto Engage)
    Heel Position (Wah off)
    Toe Switch - Empty (Not assigned as of yet)

If anyone has a setup like this and would post a link to the Sysex file it would be greatly appreciated, or if you have a solution please post.

My recent thoughts are leading to something not set right in the Kemper.

• Typing from memory and not near my machine so sorry if it's not exactly right.

To get beat scanner to work properly, you have to configure the IA as a stomp switch and not the quick tap type. That should show up in the configuration page for the IA you use for tap. If you used the wizard it will set it up as a tap tempo switch, you need to change that.

Reason is, you want to sent a different CC value for when you press and release the toe switch. As a stomp you can program in on and off values. Don't remember which is which, but try the tap CC number and a value of 127 as the on programming which shows up on the left of the screen for the IA. And in the right side for off, use the same CC number and a value of 0 which will tell the beat scanner to stop. If that doesn't work, try reversing the 127 and 0 values between on and off.

This should be the programming for pedal #2 and set as latch. Use the CC number for tap from the KPA midi manual or check the wiki online, I think it's 17 but not sure.

Pedal 1 should be set as continuous and use the CC numbers for volume pedal. I can't remember what CC number is used for volume but is in the midi portion of the KPA manuals or the wiki online.

Pedal 3 should be set as continuous, and use the CC number for the Wah. Again check the manual or wiki for the CC value for Wah.

Make sure you're using stereo TRS cables for Wah and volume and a mono TR cable for the beat scanner.

If you go into the system page 6 on the KPA and hit the soft key that says show CTRL information, you should see the bars go up and down as you move the expression pedals. That's a good way to trouble shoot if the info is getting out of the LF and to the KPA.

Hope this helps. If not, let us know what's working and what's not.

Sean

• We are close Sean, really close. All the IA's work (with some color issues, preset IA's stay purple during bypass when I already switched the color to another one . . . ???).

But to the subject at hand the volume pedal now works correctly. It goes into mute or Tuner mode when in heel position and the switch activates the Beat Scanner. But I am wondering if the switch can be set for the easy push button like the IA's. I just think it would be easier rather than pressing hard to get the button to latch.

Lastly, the Wah is no go. The pedal works and shows movement in the System page, but the on/off when in heel or stop position is nothing. Cannot figure it out. My settings are like you explained:

Pedal 3 (Wah) set to continuous, auto calibrate and CC 1. Works when the Wah is on, but will not shut the Wah off. I have it locked in slot A.

Thanks again for all your help.

p.s. I will put a TS connection for pedal 2 running the beat scanner but for now the Mission TRS cable is working fine. Both Expression pedals are connected with Mission TRS.

• In terms of the push for the beat scanner, the amount of pressure you put on the button is a mechanical question about the button itself.
    I'm assuming its a momentary button and is stock from the Mission pedal. The one that was stock in my pedal was too easy of a push and I changed it out to something harder, but that was because I was using it to activate the Wah pedal. You can adjust the switch in the mission pedal in terms of height, by loosening the top nut and adjusting the bottom nut so the switch sticks up higher, but this will impact the full range of the pedal. I would first check to make sure it works correctly by using your fingers directly on the switch to push down, make sure beat scanner starts, then let go and see if beat scanner stops. That will at least tell you it's the correct type of switch. I guess if you're looking for the exactly same feel as the LF email Jeff and see if they can give you a part number.

For the Wah question, Iooks like slot A has a locked Wah setting, and you just want the Wah to turn off by stopping any movement of the Wah. There is a setting in the KPA to achieve this, it's part of the Wah settings itself, I don't know them off the top of my head. If you are looking to turn the Wah off with the push button, then we need to configure and use another LF port and the second output from the second mission pedal. Let us know which one you're trying to do.

Glad you're getting close. Let us know which path you're trying to go down with the Wah.

Sean

• Thanks for the help Sean. For the Wah I would just like to auto engage on touch. I have tried multiple settings in the Wah screen and nothing. Now if I turn the Wah on the pedal does control it, but nothing turns it off. I guess that is the biggest confusion.

I know the CC# number is correct and the Wah is functioning but it doesnt seem that the LF is treating the pedal correctly. I specifically got the spring load so that when I release my foot the Wah is disengaged. Still struggling.

As fo the beat scanner. I may just move it an IA slot and save the pedal switch for something else at a later time.

• I think it's more of a setting in the KPA that needs to change. If you turn on the Wah by pushing the slot A button then you can control the sound of the Wah with the pedal, then the LF should be ok. The setting in the KPA is something like bypass@still I can't remember what it's called exactly. Before I had my mission pedal I used to use the Wah that way and it worked great. Only thing you couldn't do is the cocked Wah sound that stays in one spot. Other than that it worked great.

I'm not sure what the spring loaded version does for you unless there is a way that pushing on the pedal does something with the second output. Does it have a normal toe switch on it like a Wah pedal?

Do you have a normal SP1 or the SP1-LF? On their website it mentions the SP1 having a latch/unlatched switch and not a momentary switch. ThaT would creat a need to push the button twice to turn things on/off.

I have the beat scanner/tap tempo on a separate IA, I think the beat scanner works great and makes up for my miss hits while trying to play and tap at the same time.

Sean

Edited once, last by Joptunes ().

• Checked the manual, and the setting is pedal mode for the Wah. You can set it for bypass@stop or bypass@heel since you have the spring loaded sp1 pedal, that may be your best option. You can always plug the pedal directly into the KPA and get it dialed in the way you want then move the pedal to the LF. That way you know the settings in the KPA are working the way they should.

Hope this helps.

Sean

• Never could get it to work the way it should, so I just made the toe switch a latch for turning the Wah on/off and the pedal for Wah and it works. I will try to contact FAMC or Kemper on Friday and see if this is maybe some glitch on the Kemper.

Thanks again for all your help