Where is the sound of moving air in the profiles?

• childish - hm, maybe he is just upset.

I can understand this - most sellers of digital amps create the impression (or the buyer reads it this way) that any model/profile of any amp sounds like the real amp next to you.

This is not the case.

The KPA sounds like a recorded amp - very close - to the used signal chain.
    And this may be very different from the amp next to you.

In case cheap converters, amps and monitor speakers are used - then it sounds not at all like a real amp next to you.

But its possible to get this great sound by:
    a) using profiles created to NOT sound like a miked amp
    b) use large monitor speaker - loud - to pump air

Even a great profile via a smal 6,5" studio monitor will not give us this feeling - I use studio monitors with 12" speakers - and it sounds great - has air - and feels like an amp.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• What happened to Diseasedbeing and his posts? ?(

Strange behaviour.... he probably deleted all his posts because he didn't get the answers he wanted to hear, but this is a free world.... ;)

Like Armin said, the KPA isn't a tool for everybody, because it sounds like amps in a recording situation. Guitar-players sitting always next to their amps and cabs probably will be disappointed. I did my studio work from the very beginning with playing guitars in the control-room (tops there, cabs in a separate recording-room), so I'm totally used to it. Anyway, without good studio-gear (UX1...help...) the KPA can't be a jack of all trades device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de