Kemper Power Rack Output section question

• Kemper Power Rack,
    If I wanted to plug my 4x12 cab into the speaker out of the Kemper and browse rigs with the cabinet profiles disabled on "only on the speaker out" is this possible?
    This should have an option - full range FRFR or classic cab.
    On this note it would be great if the power amp section could be stepped as to limit the wattage output so as not to fry speakers.
    There needs to be a standardized explanation of the math so that we can make an educated guess on what will melt and what will not. IOW it needs an actual cabinet power handling rating.
    There is an option to turn the cab off on the monitor outs, why not the speaker out...?

Thanks

Powered Rack / Windows 10

• Does not the manual say Power amp out and monitor our are fed by the same signal? You can switch on / off the cabs in the output section of the Kemper.

• sorry - needed to refresh the browser

My cab is a 16 ohm Marshall 1960TV Greenback - Factory stock

I am unsure why The UI does not specify a setting for the speaker output section the same way it does for the monitor output section.
    If they share the same signal flow it should be documented in the manual of on the unit.
    The Manual does not specify changes since the power rack has been added to the Kemper family either - you could easily update the PDF online ....

• From the Profiler Basics Manual:

The optional built-in power amplifier allows you to connect your Kemper Profier to all kinds of 8 or 16 Ohm guitar cabinets, as well as passive linear cabinets. It is internally cabled to the Monitor Output, so you can use all the features of the Monitor Output for the power amplifier as well. Please refer to the “Output” chapter of this manual for more detailed information.
    If you intend to drive a guitar speaker cabinet, remember to activate our “CabDriver” algorithm, by setting “MonitorCabOff” in the Master/Output menu. CabDriver bypasses the cabinet simulation for the Monitor Output, while the Main Outputs feed the full studio sound to the main mixing desk of the live venue. The Monitor Output is still available and will carry the same signal that is fed to the power amp.
    You will find more settings for the power amplifier on the dedicated page of the Master/Output menu:

You find all Manuals here:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…mplifier___Downloads.html

• Thank you Hell -G for your very professional follow up.
    I guess having the information spread across two separate manuals has thrown me off.
    I suggest copying them both into one PDF so we can search it all in one place instead of having to open 2 PDFs and search each..
    Most manufacturers have a small basics manual and a larger reference manual that contains everything including the basics, I have never seen separation of the basics from a reference manual.
    My experience was that when using the output function button there was a menu item missing for power amp speaker cab off that should in my opinion be there.
    Check it out, hit the button-scroll through the pages and you will see that the speaker out has a menu area that needs the cab off option above the selection.
    The monitor output is a separate physical output on the unit so any person using common sense will find an issue with the UI.
    If you had a mixer inside the unit I could see where we could imply said routing.
    I do like the workflow and the options available to me in the output section, very cool features.

So far , in the 2 weeks I have had the unit the first impression is this:
    Profiles:
    As you know there are some great profiles and some poorly recorded profiles ship in the unit.
    Having profiles that hisssss on clean channels when the gate is open makes the unit look bad I would eliminate these from the shipping lineup.
    I am using the unit for recording and I have to say some great sounds in there but why on earth do you put any of the "marginal" ones in the device?
    The naming conventions "metadata" is a great idea yet it looks messy when scrolling through amps where some profileas are artists names and some are amp names and some are random gibberish.
    Ok on the forum - not clean in the unit.

Clicks:
    Having the unit idling while on the rig exchange browsing sounds thru analog outs I have heard some clicks that sound like soundcard "latency pops" coming from the unit.
    I am unsure if this is the pick attack (theory) that would need to be turned to zero on any given profile or some other bug but it is annoying and creates fear that I'll have to protool out click n pops.
    I am feeling ok about things but the clicks have to go away .....

Rig Manager on Win 8.1 64 had no issues on install and seems good.
    Favorites will not sync between unit and Rig manager - names match .. have thread out there on this.

Thanks!

More details later

• Send us a list of the marginal profiles and we'll throw them out and tell the dudes that made it it's BS, cause you said so. ;)

We think reading the basics manual is mandatory, that's why we keep it separate and do not copy it into the reference manual, to keep the reference manual as compact as possible.
    We do things differently for sure, most of the crucial differences are documented in the basics :)

Edited 2 times, last by ckemper ().