Mac Rig Manager System requirements?

• 10.6.8 is fine and stable but one cannot expect new software to be developed for old OSs, esp. from a small company that will give its software developments away for free.
    I run 10.8.x and 10.9.4 and have no problem at all.

5 years is a lifetime in IT.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I can´t rate how much effort would be needed to offer 10.6.8 support, would be nice if it would work. I can understand if it´s going only to 10.7!

• My studio Mac is on 10.6.8 and updating is too much of a hassle, having to unregister and reregister plugins and whatnot. I've been considering getting a second hand Windows 8.1 tablet to run Rig Manager exclusively (can pick them up for pretty cheap here and they're so small they can fit in my Kemper rack case).

Cheers,
    Sam

• My studio Mac is on 10.6.8 and updating is too much of a hassle, having to unregister and reregister plugins and whatnot. I've been considering getting a second hand Windows 8.1 tablet to run Rig Manager exclusively (can pick them up for pretty cheap here and they're so small they can fit in my Kemper rack case).

Cheers,
    Sam

Reregister & whatnot means a new machine, right?
    But a Win tablet is actually a really nice idea!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I can´t rate how much effort would be needed to offer 10.6.8 support, would be nice if it would work.

Actually, the effort is somewhere between huge and impossible.
    10.6. does not come with the libc++ library. If you're writing current c++ code, it is not possible to compile it for 10.6.

• 've been considering getting a second hand Windows 8.1 tablet to run Rig Manager exclusively (can pick them up for pretty cheap here and they're so small they can fit in my Kemper rack case).

Exactly what i've done, I was lucky enough to get a free Dell Venue Pro 8 when my partner upgraded her phone, works fine, just need to wear my glasses as the text is quite small ;)