issues compared to Axe FX 2

• As for the competition -
    if you're looking to develop a product beyond any certain point, the first thing to do is look at the market and competing products. That's what other knowledgeable individuals have assumed is important - be it good switching times, dual amp paths or general redness of plastic.
    Concerning switching times in particular, i'm guessing the (significant) amount of complaints on the subject come from people who expected the Profiler to perform better, because it was claimed live-proof and at ~250ms, it isn't. Not exactly the same as having it in my favorite color, is it?

I am pretty sure CK is looking.

On the other hand there is not much competition in this market. Two companies that's it.

As I said I am not sure about switching time, I don't use many rigs, so it's adequate for me. I think we will find out what switch time really is when Kemper FC is out. Too many variables to judge it at the moment.

• CK01 has a fair amount of distortion IMO. A very well-rounded, basic tone.

Nevermind Don, I was only kidding :)
    But to be frank, I don't think the CK01 rig really helps that much when you need a drastically different sound (e.g. for harder Rock / metal) - so you really do have to wait 30 seconds

• Hey Don,

Maybe a dumb question, but I am not afraid :)
    Would it be possible for anyone to parameter a profile they would have chosen in advance instead of the CK01 as the default rig ? That means anyone could get the tone they want at only 13 seconds.

+1 to this idea, if a User Definable Default Rig would not require a fundamental change in coding. If a big deal, no worries. There has only been a power issue in 1 out of 250 Kemper gigs for me - it was the other side of the stage, but I shut down in case my side also went down while they corrected the problem.

-----

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: Agreed - perfection is in the details. But, only you can decide which details are the deciding factor between any two products.

If sounding and feeling perfectly like YOUR own personal tube amp, (or, sounding and feeling like really well-mic'ed examples of other people's amps), the Kemper is the only product that can do that. The Marshall Silver Jubilee profiles I made for live use sound (to me) exactly like my Jubilee does when it is mic'ed with an SM57 and /or a 57 and a large diaphragm condenser mic.

After 250 or so Kemper gigs, I can still plug in my Marshall at home, and still not think it sounds better that the tone I get live with the Kemper. Having all these other sounds that the Marshall could not make is a big bonus at gigs, and for recording.

Rig switching time can be anticipated to happen exactly on the beat (Like I do many times with an acoustic sound and a synthy sound everytime we play our uptempo version of "You Can Call Me Al"). It just takes some practice to press the button a little early ;) If you use your guitar volume knob (or a boost stomp) for solos, instead of changing rigs, you may not switch sounds as often as the people who see 250ms as an issue. Or, it may depend on your genre. 250ms is 1/8 note at 120bps (dance tempo), a dotted 16th at 90bps.

If you want to experiment with Cabinet Impulses, both products have ways of doing it. If you change the cab in a Kemper profile to the cab from another Kemper profile, you will get musically-useful results that sound like switching the real cabinets would sound.

"Two amps at once" is an attractive concept (if you run a stereo rig onstage AND every Sound System is run in stereo on your circuit) - I had it in the Vetta and in the VG-99. It helped both products sound harmonically more interesting, but did not make either one of them sound or feel more like a tube amp, or like two of them at once.