Newbie with New Profiler - a couple quick questions for the experts...

• I just got a new Profiler yesterday. Have to say that my first impression is WOW. I've tried all kinds of digital modelers (except Axe) and this is just amazing and so so much better. Truly in a class of it's own, like everyone says.

Anyway - needed some advice:

I turned it on and it showed firmware 2.3. So I updated to the latest v2.4.2 operating system.

Question 1: I did not import the "Factory Content 2.3" on the website because I'm assuming my Profiler had all the latest content. Is this correct?

Next, I imported a bunch of The Amp Factory rigs and some others I purchased. This resulted in about 350 more rigs added. But call me crazy, but I'm not sure I want endless amounts of rigs in my KPA - I think I would prefer to start with just a couple examples of each of the amp profiles and build up, rather than going through 700+ rigs and deleting the ones I don't like. So I was thinking of starting over and just importing a small portion of what I purchased for now (for example - Andy has the same rigs tweaked for Les Pauls, tweaked for Strats, tweaked for himself (in a Bonus folder), etc. I don't think I want all of these in my KPA right now, but prefer a couple LP options only.

Question 2: Does the above sound reasonable?

Question 3: If so - what's the best way to "start over" right now and get back to factory content only. I haven't created anything new yet or saved any settings or anything since I just got it yesterday. So now's the time to start over if I'm going to. :)

Thanks in advance!

• Go with the RM, if you're on Win 7 /8 or have access to a VM (VirtualBox, Parallels).

Here is the section on the board:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…php?page=Board&boardID=35

and here is the download link:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…mplifier___Downloads.html

RM is THE way to organize and preview your profiles offside and keep the # of profiles reasonably low ( I am below 50). It will also give you instant access to the Rig Exchange database with more than 5.000 shared user profiles.

Welcome bud! Have fun with your toaster!
    Hendrik

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Welcome! And enjoy!
    ;)

Question 1: I did not import the "Factory Content 2.3" on the website because I'm assuming my Profiler had all the latest content. Is this correct?

Yes.

Next, I imported a bunch of The Amp Factory rigs and some others I purchased. This resulted in about 350 more rigs added. But call me crazy, but I'm not sure I want endless amounts of rigs in my KPA - I think I would prefer to start with just a couple examples of each of the amp profiles and build up, rather than going through 700+ rigs and deleting the ones I don't like. So I was thinking of starting over and just importing a small portion of what I purchased for now (for example - Andy has the same rigs tweaked for Les Pauls, tweaked for Strats, tweaked for himself (in a Bonus folder), etc. I don't think I want all of these in my KPA right now, but prefer a couple LP options only.

Question 2: Does the above sound reasonable?

Yes.

Question 3: If so - what's the best way to "start over" right now and get back to factory content only. I haven't created anything new yet or saved any settings or anything since I just got it yesterday. So now's the time to start over if I'm going to. :)

You should install Rig Manager on your PC and manage your rigs from there.

• Thanks guys - appreciate the help.

I'm a Mac-only house, so I have no PC. But I do have a copy of Parallels I never had a reason to install. Guess it's time to check that out now so I can try Rig Manager.

Sounds like that's the way to go.

Can't wait until the Mac version of RM though. :)

• You're good to go then. I'm on a Mac as well and Rig Manager on Parallels works great!

Now I just have to figure out the best way to procure Windows 7 or 8, as I've never had to buy the operating system before (always came on the PCs I bought). Shouldn't be a huge challenge though. Just another small expense. ;)

• If you don't want to use RM there's a simple solution to clean out your rigs. In the System menu/screen # 3 there's a box you can check called "Store sets Fav" , make sure this is selected then audition your rigs and save ones that make you smile, then in screen # 8 you select "Erase Non Favorites". Only the one's you liked enough to save will be left in your Kemper. Cheers to your new gear!

• Psssssst. It's not a modeller, it's a profiler - big difference. Enjoy! :)

Ha - indeed. Sorry for the misuse of that word. I am definitely enjoying the difference. :)

If you don't want to use RM there's a simple solution to clean out your rigs. In the System menu/screen # 3 there's a box you can check called "Store sets Fav" , make sure this is selected then audition your rigs and save ones that make you smile, then in screen # 8 you select "Erase Non Favorites". Only the one's you liked enough to save will be left in your Kemper. Cheers to your new gear!

That's very helpful - thank you!!