Slots without ON/OFF-function

• It's the first time I got an issue with my toaster which I run in performance mode. When I hit the slot buttons in the upper row (slot A,B,C,D, Loop,FX, Delay, Reverb, Amp, Cabinet etc.) in order to activate a slot with a on/off-command there's no reaction. So f.e. when I want to turn a delay of a patch off I can push the delay-button as usual but it is not possible to shut the delay off. This is the same for all switches in the upper row. I have the same effect when I'm in browser-mode.
    Any ideas from the pros?
    Thanks
    Roland/Germany

• Does it bring the effect up if you press the button and hold? I believe you can change the behaviour of those buttons somewhere so they respond instantly to a press.....it's one of things I plan to do but keep forgetting....here you go:

System
    Press this button to access the global settings pages. Global settings do not change when you switch to
    another rig.

Direct Edit:

The soft button “Direct Edit” will change the behavior of the section buttons on the front panel. Instead of holding them briefly to enter the edit page for a module or section, clicking on a button like AMPLIFIER, EQ or STOMP will immediately display the edit screen.