Saving cabinets from rigs

• Not sure whether this is a bug, an undocumented feature or it was just me unable to find the right info.

Yesterday I decided to save all the "unique" cabs from the 1350 rigs currently loaded on my system as local presets, because cabs from rigs are so redundant that there were only less than 300 different cabs/mics combinations among my rigs, and trying a new cab with a rig can take forever.

I've discovered that, when you browse the cabs "from rigs", unless the cab is loaded the saving procedure will save the current rig's cab, not the one related to the rig currently in focus in the browser.
    I couldn't find this documented, maybe I did not search long enough.
    Last Release FW here.

Can you guys correct/confirm this, or address me to the right place in the documentation?

(Hope to not discover I wrote it in the wiKPA two years ago ROTFL)

:)

• Don't know if I'm getting you right, but changing the cab by browsing "cabs from rigs" requires loading the cab from the desired rig. To bring the rig with the desired cab into focus is not enough IIRC.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Actually I was just trying to save the cab on focus as a preset, did not mean to load it into the current rig.
    What I apparently discover is that, in order to save a cab as a preset, you have to actually load it first, otherwise the standard saving procedure will save the current rig's cab instead.

Can anyone confirm this?

• It appears there is a bug.

While selectively browsing amps, cabinets or stacks "From Rigs" the tags "Amp Name" and "Cab Name" are not correctly updated. All other tags are updated correctly. So you are effectively loading the cabs and are able to store them as presets, but they might carry the "Cab Name" of the original cab included in the current rig. ... on our list for future fixes. Thanks for your observation!

• It appears there is a bug.

While selectively browsing amps, cabinets or stacks "From Rigs" the tags "Amp Name" and "Cab Name" are not correctly updated. All other tags are updated correctly. So you are effectively loading the cabs and are able to store them as presets, but they might carry the "Cab Name" of the original cab included in the current rig. ... on our list for future fixes. Thanks for your observation!

Hey Burkhard :)

not sure I got you right, but I'm afraid there's more than this :/
    Let me check if I got it.

When I browse through cabs I can definitely see the Cabinet, Source and Model/Mic fields change. What happens is that, as long as I do not load/autoload the cab before saving it as a preset, the current cab (i.e., the cab which belongs to the currently loaded rig) is saved as a preset, and with the right (its own) tags.

Yesterday I saved almost 250 cab presets, to just discover that they not only have the same name (and this was me, I did not edit the name) and tags of the (at that time) current rig's cab, but they also sound the same.
    Counter-proof being, if I load a cab preset I had saved in previous sessions OR if I (auto)load the cab before saving it as a preset, not only the tags are consistent, but the sound is obviously different from the 250 "Ear Candy 2x12" clones I now have :/

Feel free to let me know whether I can be of any further help. I will keep some of the clones for any troubleshooting test.
    Please consider I'm currently unable to upload any file (iPad) tho.