The Ultimate Recording Solution Needs An Editor :)

• Solution: What if Kemper just added MIDI functionality to their USB driver? Enough that third-parties can access it, from a VST say? They're still able to limit exactly which parameters are accessible, for copy protection reasons or whatever, but then anyone who wants to can put together a GUI for it.

+1

I could probably get a fully operational, bi-directional editor up and running in a day or so. The only problem is that at the moment, you'd need two MIDI cables going into your PC.
    The USB comms between the kemper and rig manager are just SysEx messages, nothing more. They're easily reversible.
    Only problem is, it's not a virtual serial port so i can't use it without driver access -
    i'd love to have such access, but while Timo has been more than generous, i don't even dare to ask ^^

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• How do you mean? The foot controller has got the highest priority, it is in fact being engineered/produced as we speak.

I thought that was back in 2002? Anyways doesn't matter to me know.

Unfortunately, I require a dedicated foot controller and editor. I don't have either, so my KPA is gone.

It's all good. :)

• I've started to develop a mobile solution for Android, which also runs under Windows and perhaps under Mac and iOs.
    It's easy to control every parameter via SysEx. Also to request the actual state from the Kemper is easy and fast. But I don't get any message from the Kemper when I change parameters on the toaster itself. The two solutions for this could be to manually request the new state after changing it or to do a permanent state request. Both solutions are not very nice.
    Or did I missed something during the latest updates and the Kemper sends parameter changes?

• +1 for me an editor is a must have. In the studio i want to "see" what i am doing and thats much easier on a 19" TFT as on a small display. Especially for renaming Rigs or Presets. I think Avid has done a very good job with the 11R editor and integration into Pro Tools.
    I think there are a lot of different meanings about an editor and most of the guys at Kemper doesn't see the need of it. Maybe we'll see an editor if CK doesn't find any new tools for implementation, but i think this point is far far away. ;)

Yes it is ! "an editor is a must have" .

• Editor to set any option available in KPA, managing cabs is a must :)

But now I think ... in AXE or anything modeling you have number of amps in the DSP that you use to cratf your own "rig".

You put amp A in slot 1, then you have few modeled cabs to choose from to put in another slot.

In case of Kemper you don't have any amps hardcoded into DSP, they come from rigs, so there is option to use amps from "studio profiles", amps from preamp profiles and we have also (correct me if I'm wrong) profiles of preamps with poweramps (made with DI load box). Then, should it be allowed to mix any type of amp with cab? Well, that's the design approach.

Then also there is need to program the case, when in incoming Kemper VST Rig Editor ;) you create a rig from amp let's say of Morgan AC20 and any cab (you drag amp and cab into slots in VST or standalone software) and then the rig is deleted from Kemper... what then? Should it be blocked or should be corresponding rig deleted from VST plugin?

What if you change any amp parameter in Kemper, should it be updated online in VST Rig Editor in corresponding rig? Maybe after pressing "STORE" button.

Just thinking out loudly.