Starting a cover band. Help finding profiles Vs I'll just use an amp and pedalboard.

• Hey everyone,

I was just invited to a cover band and would like your help finding some good profiles. I really love the feel of a real amp with a good pedalboard because of how well it lets me utilize the volume knob but I'd like to try the Kemper live.

Some profiles sound good recorded but then sound horrible at gig volumes and you have to fiddle with the EQ knobs depending on the venue size, structure, ETC.

Anyway, the band wants to cover 80's and 90's rock bands.

What I'll need:

A clean w/ modulation 80's style profile - I think I've found a good profile for this already "AFM-5150EVH 4 C1"

A Velvet Revolver/Guns n' Roses/Slash profile, extra points if it can go from distorted to overdriven with the volume knob.

A Metallica/Alice in Chains more agressive profile

I know I could just go trial and error mode but I figured a lot of you would know about some good gigging profiles already so I can sound awesome from the first rehearsal.

• I'm aware I'm not giving you a direct answer, but IMO you'll always find differences between a sound at recording/home playing volume Vs. stage volume. This depends on human earing sensitivity to sound level, and can't be accounted for during the profiling stage.

You'll almost always have to tweak at a huge volume in order for your sounds to translate well onstage.

As for the venues' size and structure... Well, this is nothing a "better" profile could take care of... Unless it (the profile) is just missing those critical frequencies. But this would be unpredictable anyway.

HTH

• For the heavy stuff, give the Lasse Lamert profiles a try. They are part of the free factory rigs and the profile names start with LL. I particularly like LL - Nineties Finest for the older Metalica covers. Here is a demo.

Edit: Oops never mind. I see that you were actually the one who put up the demo. LOL, what are the chances...