PLEASE 10.6.8 Mac support!!!!!!!!

• Many of us studio owners are still on 10.6.8 and moving off it would be incredibly problematic. This means the new Mac Rig Manager still won't help. We're either forced to buy Netbooks or some other gizmo just to use Rig Manager. I can't imagine its that hard to write a USB driver for 10.6.8. Kemper, is there ANY chance?

• dear brithedark,
    as it turns out we will not be able to support any OS below 10.7. we build our technology on a reasonably modern foundation which means, when we start programming an application, we want to use modern operating system features. not the super new stuff but something that appeals. supporting 10.6 doesn't, it is from '09 and things just moved on.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• What is so problematic with 10.7? I converted all my software and equipment years ago, it really wasn't a problem.

Yosemite 10.10 is less than a month away, why would Kemper be expect to support 10.6?

That's like asking for Widows 2000 drivers for Windows 8 apps.

• Many of us studio owners are still on 10.6.8 and moving off it would be incredibly problematic. This means the new Mac Rig Manager still won't help. We're either forced to buy Netbooks or some other gizmo just to use Rig Manager. I can't imagine its that hard to write a USB driver for 10.6.8. Kemper, is there ANY chance?

We all have our limitations ;) I am pretty certain it would be way more coding and testing - not just programming another driver. Frameworks and libraries usually aren't backwards compatible - not possible because the new functions weren't available in the old versions and OSses usually undergo internal architectural changes.
    To support 10.6 one would either have to use an old and unsupported OS as development platform or develop two different versions of RM for Mac. Neither way makes sense in my opinion.

If you don't want/can't update your Mac - use a virtual machine and run Win7/8 on it.

BTW a new netbook/tablet/laptop with the newest OS and features ain't no GIZMO to me!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I realize 10.6.8 is old. I'd like to not give the impression I'm some old fuddy duddy who hates those thar computer thingies. I have 6 macs running on the property, and have been been a mac user since the early 90s.

It just so happens that the main machine in my largest studio is running 10.6.8, and that's where the kemper lives. Moving to 10.7 requires me upgrading plugins and such which would interfere/introduce potential crashes to the system that is my main money maker. I've got a 10.8 drive as a test drive out here, but I'm in the middle of several large projects that need plugins that won't work prop there... So 10.7+ is a few months away for me minimum. It'll happen one day when things slow enough here to thoroughly test stuff. Guess that's a good prob to have, except when you're trying to thumb thru one of 300 samples you've already taken for clients rrrrrrr.

I'm partiality disabled, and carrying things can be problematic. So rather than drag my mb pro out to the studio, or drag the kemper home to make tweaks, I was hoping for the lightest, least chance of me dropping something/wrecking something solution. A windows netbook seems like the smallest footprint (can't justify a MacBook Air to run one program) and easiest on the finances. I've used parallels on my mb pro but it's cumbersome. I wish there was an iPad solution. But for now....

Hey, A guy can ask can't he? Thanks all for the responses
    :)

• You mean running parallels on my 10.6.8 machine?

I meant that too - I have been using Parallels successfully since version 6 after I moved to OSX with my private/other stuff. A windows tablet may come in handy if you consider it for other "duties" too. Be aware though that Windows RT that comes with cheaper tablets based on the ARM architecture will not support regular windows software - as far as I know.

Most Mac guys here used the VM-approach as the #1 workaround when the Windows version became available in April. A "cheapo" leftover windows pc with remote control from your ipad (teamviewer) has also been used to get RM working.

Not perfect - but definitely a workaround worth looking into.

By the way - I didn't want to come across negative or rude.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I feel your pain. I've an 2010 imac running 10.6.8 and have been putting off upgrading so long now that it's time for a new machine as I also want all that thunderbolt modern apps thingimijiggy .
    Machine's still fantastic and rock solid but so is Snow Leopard and since imo it's the pinnacle of OS's, have decided to lock it off to run legacy / rosetta.
    Not a practical suggestion to your woes, but yep, feel your pain.

• The big thing with netbooks, someone mentioned before, some may not run the software. So I have to be careful which Craigslist Jem I pick. I'd rather not set up the virtual machine on this computer. I DO have it running on my MBpro but again, its not the most practical idea, esp at 230AM in the middle of a session when it would be helpful to scroll through a librarian instead of twiddle.

I do like the "external" computer idea better. Because here, I''ve got 2 screens running during a session. It would help to not have the lib buried under my PT and sampler screens.